JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently experienced my first death wobble:frown2:> I replaced my old ball joints (they were worn out) with Teraflex HD ball joints. I still notice a bump in my steering though. with 125000 miles i am gonna replace my Tie rod , drag link and track bar. I am currently running 33's with a 3" lift. I plan on upgrading to 35's or possibly 37's. which brand would you guys recommend with out breaking the bank. Its my daily driver and off road is very little. Now thats not to say that if I have time and in a area where i can take it off road i will. but not in ything difficult.
I have been looking at Teraflex (most expensive), Metal cloak (Middle of the cost) and Currie enterprises (Cheapest). You thoughts?

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
I have a TF front TB and Synergy TR + DL --> all good stuff that has never let me down.

Swapped out my TF rear TB for a Metalcloak to enable some exhaust system fawkery, and I'm impressed with the MC TB.

That's all I got. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Metal cloak and synergy are both good choices. If you can pac ruff stuff has a good DIY kit that is very reasonable. They also just came out with an aluminum tie rod for the JK. Most fab supply venders also put stuff on sale every holiday so you can save 10-20% if you are in no hurry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a TF front TB and Synergy TR + DL --> all good stuff that has never let me down.

Swapped out my TF rear TB for a Metalcloak to enable some exhaust system fawkery, and I'm impressed with the MC TB.

That's all I got. Hope it helps.
That does help. I guess this was kinda like an oil question. You get so many different choices on what people use. I can appreciate that what ever i choose from the brands listed here that it will be a good choice for me. waiting until Christmas might be a good idea too.

·
V8 dreams
3,567 Posts
That does help. I guess this was kinda like an oil question. You get so many different choices on what people use. I can appreciate that what ever i choose from the brands listed here that it will be a good choice for me. waiting until Christmas might be a good idea too.
You will get a lot of opinions, but you’re not quite at oil question level lol. There is at least some objective and easily seen differences.

Another vote for synergy here, I’ve been trying to sort out my front end and the ability to use the adjuster sleeve on the vehicle is huge IMO. I still have my RK trackbar, but never could get their old style draglink to stay tight. They’ve changed that now, but i have zero experience with the new one. When my RK joints in the LCA goes bad this time, I’m swapping that to synergy too...because of the adjuster sleeve once again.

·
Vendor
919 Posts
Steer Smarts Yeti products are great. I have many customers running their products. They make steering components for the major three HD trucks and all kinds of other 1 Ton plus applications. Shoot me a zip code via PM or post and I will get you a price on the set.
Namaste,

Allen

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steer Smarts Yeti products are great. I have many customers running their products. They make steering components for the major three HD trucks and all kinds of other 1 Ton plus applications. Shoot me a zip code via PM or post and I will get you a price on the set.
Namaste,

Allen
After considerable consideration and research I have decided that The Steer-Smarts Yeti is the way ill go.
Thanks for all of your inputs. they have been very helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After considerable consideration and research I have decided that The Steer-Smarts Yeti is the way ill go.
Thanks for all of your inputs. they have been very helpful.
I did the Yeti drag link and tie rod, along with synergy track bar/sector shaft brace. This along with Teraflex ball joints lets my 37's drive up the road very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts