JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of whey do you guys chose to take? I got suckered into buying this and I'm not sure if I like it. I need to go to the store and buy another this week. Just wondering what you guys prefere.

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
I've tried a bunch of 100% whey brands throughout the years (not your brand though) and finally settled on EAS's brand. 26g / serving. Basically, every brand is going to trump something they have special in their powder vs the others, but in the end it boiled down to taste for me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
For several years in a row the best selling whey protein product has been Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Gold Standard. Lots of good flavors to pick from and very reasonably priced. I always bought it online, GNC and other stores charge waaay too much. More recently I've been buying Muscletech's 5lb bag of whey protein from Sam's Club for only $35 and pretty good results so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another vote for Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. Been using it for 4-5 years and wouldn't buy anything else.

If I had the money, I'd spring for the "Pro Complex" blend, though. Still made by Optimum Nutrition but combines a fast-digesting protein (like Whey) with slow-digesting proteins (casein, egg, among others) for the best possible post-workout combo for the money, IMO. Can't afford it now, being on a college budget.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cytosport

I have tried quite a few different brands but really liked the Cytosport as it dissolves the best in the milk, smoothie etc. in my opinion.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Recently went with Dymatize Elite whey.... After it came highly recommended from a few people. Best mixing and best tasting protein I have tried. I can mix up a shake in a blender bottle with no residue.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I used the MyoFusion banana flavor.
Put it in blender, cut up banana and add strawberries = delicious.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts