JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the heavy duty viair onboard air system, and I don't know where to mount the compressor. I would like to put it under the hood, but i don't think there is enough room. need help

·
Registered
205 Posts
i believe kenny from river raiders "CRASH" on the forum mounted his under his hood. im not sure what kind of compressor it is though

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
not a problem!
the guys at 2 track are good folks
I used one of their mounts in my rig to mount a pancake air tank and they were really cool to work with me on the project

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
when you guys have your compressors mounted with that bracket, does it make the brake pedal vibrate. i made one to mount my ARB compressor. when the compressor is on, you can feel it pretty good in the pedals. maybe thats a good thing. heres the bracket i made.

corey d

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I dunno, like I said, I mounted my air tank w/mine
my generic compressor is on a mount I made from a piece of flat stock that runs from one of the drivers side fender bolts across to the air box lid and hangs the compressor between the front of the motor and the fan shroud
you can kinda see it in this pic

I can't feel it but I hear it when it runs.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
a fellow Florida JKer mounted his behind the rear passenger tail light. pretty trick. when he makes it over here i'll be sure to point him this way :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I also used the 2 tracks bracket. I was concerned that with the constant duty compressor would get too hot for the small space behind the taillight.

·
Registered
633 Posts
a fellow Florida JKer mounted his behind the rear passenger tail light. pretty trick. when he makes it over here i'll be sure to point him this way :D

I think this is the sweetest mount I've seen by far! Especially with the gauge on the bass speaker box... Just mint.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
when you guys have your compressors mounted with that bracket, does it make the brake pedal vibrate. i made one to mount my ARB compressor. when the compressor is on, you can feel it pretty good in the pedals. maybe thats a good thing. heres the bracket i made.

corey d
I have the 2TM bracket for my ARB but it's not wired up. When the sPOD arrives I'll let you know.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just bought the heavy duty viair onboard air system, and I don't know where to mount the compressor. I would like to put it under the hood, but i don't think there is enough room. need help
I installed mine behind the right rear taillight. I can post write up later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts