JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for what I thought would be easy to find but in practice, not so easy.

The metal tubes inside of the rubber eyelet bushings of my steering stabilizer are shot, as are the bushings. the shock itself is still good so does not warrant replacement.

Anyone know where to find a rebuild kit for shock ends? The local parts stores are clueless. tried them first. Northridge said to call arb (importers of the ome shock) and those guys were unhelpful.

clues?

Thanks.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
Summit is always a great go-to to check first. If you strike out there, Energy Suspension and Daystar make bushing/sleeve kits. Just need to know your diameter and width, and they probably make what you need (in polyurethane).

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Summit Racing
QUOTE]

ordered up a couple just now. thanks.

I don't want to mess with poly bushings on the jeep at all and I cannot find rubber ones. The Monroe SC2928 is 25 delivered with amazon prime so ill just do that.

at the same time, I am changing up the mount at the axle housing. The stud in the aev kit was hitting at full flex so I am putting on the synergy mount for the axle side. it twists the mount and seems to pull it in tighter there, not to mention that it is a lot more stout. that and I am moving the spacer from the aev kit over to the tie rod and using a longer bolt with that to the synergy clamp. I spotted j mac's handiwork there on asenine's rig. nice build, there, btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts