JKOwners Forum banner

Where do you fish

• Total voters
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
For all you Atlantic/GOM bluewater fishermen, 2010 HMS permits are now available. Not surprisingly, it went up from $16 to $20 for the rec angling permit.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Never got out saltwater fishing this year. Biggest bass I caught in the lake that I live on was a 5.4 lb largemouth right off of my dock. Caught weekly 3 bass but never one that big. Biggest caught this year in the several fishing tourney's was a 7.4lb bass. They keep getting bigger now that they closed down the public boat ramps due to liability of the property owners and the weeds.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
A 5 lb. Bass caught on New Years Day in a friends private pond! Also one of the wifes big catch!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do a little surf fishing with my buddies. Just got my JK and have yet to take it to the beach. Trying to figure out a way to mount my rods to the back bumper. Thought about welding two rod holders on the bunper.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I live on Lake Livingston in Texas.
Lake Livingston is the 2nd largest lake in Texas, it’s actually the Trinity River behind a dam.
We catch most all of the Bass species, with White Bass, and Stripers being the ones I go after when they are biting.

I also fish for Blue Cats right off the bulkhead at my house.

Occasionally I hook into a FlatHead too.

I grew up, and lived my early adult years in eastern Washington so the fishing here in Texas is much different that the Trout and Steelhead that I grew up catching.
But I do enjoy sitting on the Bulkhead with a cooler full of adult beverages waiting for my pole to bend.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I fish wherever,whenever and for whatever I can. Lake Michigan for lake trout, Lake Erie for walleye, Lake Cumberland (Kentucky) for stripers, the Cumberland River (below the lake/ dam) for brown and rainbow trout, Lake Kinkaid (Shawnee Nat’l Forest, Southern Illinois) and Lake Shelbyville (Southern Illinois) for musky as well as other Southern Illinois lakes for bass and several strip mine lakes, creeks, rivers and power plant cooling lakes near Braidwood and Coal City Illinois for crappie, sunfish/ bluegill and rockbass as well as bass (large and small mouth), walleye, catfish and tiger musky. I’m sure I’ve forget a few.
I shore fish, boat fish, wade and float tube. I troll, drift, anchor and back troll.
I fly fish, bait fish, lure fish and even chum for carp w corn.
If you ask “Can we go fishing,” I’m always in.
Almost forgot about the neighbor’s pond- bass and sunfish/ blue gill on early Summer mornings. :)

61 - 68 of 68 Posts