JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a Mopar light bar on my 2012 JK. TOmorrow I will add the ligths. I have a set of KC Apollo Pros with the wiring kit. They recommend mounting the relay within 16" of the battery. Since I will be also mounting 2 other relays I need a good spot to mount 3 relays and associated wiring.

I was just wonder if anyone had photos of where they mounted their relays to give me some ideas. But if not, I have a spot that I think will work.

Also, I am looking for ideas on hiding the wires coming from lights mounted on a light bar in front of the grill up into the engine compartment.

JC

·
Registered
120 Posts
There's a factory stud on the firewall just behind the battery that's perfect for a relay. I have a self-resetting breaker there for my Wired HDH controller.

For the light wiring, I'd run it between the battery and fuse box and the fender, then drop down near the headlight and UNDER the grill and up along the light bar to the lights. I say under the grill, so you can take the grill out easier for access to replacing factory light bulbs. I have lights on a bumper-mounted brush bar, with the wiring in a loom zip-tied to the back side of the bar. Just use good quality loom, some stuff doesn't last long when exposed to light and salt.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have two relays beside each other behind the battery on the firewall zip tied to a big wire harness. These aren't going anywhere.

A relay can be put any where. No big deal. The fuse for the were supply should be near the battery though. I have each fuse taped to the relay. I will post up a pic tomorrow morning if I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts