JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 2 door with Check Corporate seated seats pigtailed into the cigarette light, CB taking up the one in the center console, literally just picked up a 50" off-brand LED light bar out of the blue, super hyped! I've been wanting to put an auxiliary fuse block in there but haven't scoped out under the dash. Was wondering where y'all placed y'alls and what box did you go with?

My thought was http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-70107?seid=srese1&gclid=CNWn5dTk3cMCFUkR7Aodl3sA0Q
I could also get a cheap on and just have them all on iginition with a relay.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday to the top of the factory fuse box. Blue Sea 6 circuit box with a 100A breaker tied in

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I mounted mine above the battery on the underside of the hood. Just had to make sure that all wires are long enough to open hood.

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed it above the battery, used a piece of aluminum i had in the shop - attached the body side with the bolt that was there and used a self tapper (can't see it in the pic) to attach it to the plastic of the battery "tub"

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
My take on the winch CB and the fuse block.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine is behind the glove box

·
Registered
5 Posts
I built myself a custom CB mount with my auxiliary switches sitting above the CB. I put the fuse block behind said switches.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I run inline fuses plus relays for lights running off the battery and for low amperage power I tap into other accessory power like the power sockets (cigarette lighter). Works for me. But I am only intending to run 6 auxiliary offroad lights, cb radio, and OBA clutch on a york compressor. My draw of amps will reduce once I make the plunge to convert all led's.

While these systems that are being built are of great quality and design, they can be expensive. For me I don't find it necessary. I still appreciate the setups shown and think these are just great.

·
415 Posts
between battery and TIPM

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cut down a piece of aluminum plate and mounted it on the driver side next to my sPod.
So I'm a real electrical rookie, what are you using the fuse block for instead of the SPOD? I assume lower amperage stuff but are you running a relay too or just using a switch? What's your cut off amperage for a switch vs. relay?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm running a few things that power up with the jeep (tied to an accessory power, not to a switch) so I power them from the fuse box instead of the sPod.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Its just for redundancy...in case of a major failure i.e. fuse doesnt blow properly and remains able to supply amperage (seen it happen before.)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts