JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I am not in the "know" on why AEV parts are sculptured out of pure female Unicorn horns and painted with the blood of unborn T-Rex embryos.

It seems like it's been the on going trend and where did it come from?!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think it's because some people are of the opinion that their stuff is not up to par, and when a discussion comes up, feel the need to express said opinion. Some of these people may have had personal bad experiences. Some may just know of a guy whose brothers uncles cousins sisters husband had a bad experience. Then, those that have AEV stuff feel the need to defend their investment. Then all of AEV's questionable marketing slogans come into play and the whole discussion goes to hell.

I have an AEV suspension, I like it, it works just fine for me. Do I feel the need to defend it, not really. Run whatcha brung. Upgrade whatcha break.

Some of the animosity may spill over from the other forum as well - I think there has been some bashing over there in the past.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
What is a whitty? If you meant witty, it's because those individuals have very creative and somewhat demented imaginations. It's just the anti-fanboy mentality. The ying to the yang... whatever.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Don't trust whitty. :mr-t:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I feel like I am not in the "know" on why AEV parts are sculptured out of pure female Unicorn horns and painted with the blood of unborn T-Rex embryos.

Female Unicorn horns:shaking: Everyone knows that its made from magic sasquach droppings:thefinger:

I just got the wheels and hood because I like the look. But I don't understand why anyone would buy a complete rig from then. That dammed AEV sticker on the side isn't worth what they have to pay!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

It comes from a few people here that can see the lift design is as worthless as tits on a boar hog for capability.

Don't trust whitty. :mr-t:
:laughing2:

Female Unicorn horns:shaking: Everyone knows that its made from magic sasquach droppings:thefinger:

I just got the wheels and hood because I like the look. But I don't understand why anyone would buy a complete rig from then. That dammed AEV sticker on the side isn't worth what they have to pay!
'tis for people with little mechanical knowledge and deep pockets who want a turn key job from a reputable comany.

KILL WHITTY !!
I don't care who you are, that is funny right thar. Nail the young college guy to the wall.

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
I've been completely wrong. I just ordered a full AEV 4 door. Hemi and all. I will now defend AEV to the death! it's obviously enginnered far superior than anything else ever will or could be.

:beer:

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
There's actually a discusion going on over on Jeepforum about it. once JPK quit posting there has actually been a lot of constructive discussion about the lift and what's good/bad about it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts