JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With temps rising, snow starting to melt (in some places) and the wheeling season warming up, where are you planning to go on your next wheeling trip? Got any trips you want to plan and discuss? Post here!

·
Administrator
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go first...

I have a couple trips planned.
  • Based on @Jeep Momma and her post about Mojave Road, I'm looking at putting together a few days down in Southern California where I can travel the majority of the Mojave Road. I may take a few side trips and visit some other points of interest on the Mojave heritage trail.
  • I plan to visit the northwest and northeastern most corner of California. The northeastern-most corner requires a little bit of back roads and hiking.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
the JL 4xe will never go offroad... so that's out. The 76 CJ5 is under construction, so that'll be a while...

But we all bought adventure bikes lol. So going to hit some national forests and do some riding/camping.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
the JL 4xe will never go offroad... so that's out. The 76 CJ5 is under construction, so that'll be a while...

But we all bought adventure bikes lol. So going to hit some national forests and do some riding/camping.
Why will the JL 4x4 not go off road?
Mojave Road is really just a dirt road. It is a fun trip. Easy going, very little stress. Except when you are on the dried lake bed and it has just rained. It is so vast you feel like you will be swallowed up by the "lake" and disappear forever!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'll go first...

I have a couple trips planned.
  • Based on @Jeep Momma and her post about Mojave Road, I'm looking at putting together a few days down in Southern California where I can travel the majority of the Mojave Road. I may take a few side trips and visit some other points of interest on the Mojave heritage trail.
  • I plan to visit the northwest and northeastern most corner of California. The northeastern-most corner requires a little bit of back roads and hiking.
If you need a guide for Mojave Road. I have been twice and have the book. Just Sayin'

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Who needs to wait for the snow to melt. Rubicon is always open, as long as you can get to it. Snow on teh trail is just all the more reason to go. :)

Doing the Rubicon this weekend and then hopefully many more times this year. That and Fordyce and Slick Rock.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Why will the JL 4x4 not go off road?
Mojave Road is really just a dirt road. It is a fun trip. Easy going, very little stress. Except when you are on the dried lake bed and it has just rained. It is so vast you feel like you will be swallowed up by the "lake" and disappear forever!
Because it's my wife's 62k dollar grocery getter lol. We traded the rubicon in on it. The 76 is the offroader. the 4xe is the daily.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I am on my next adventure!!! Urban Camping by a waterfall. (In the backyard) testing out a new air mattress for review. Pizza delivery guy came. I have my bottle of wine. Don't knock it because it makes me happy. Now the questions are... Do I need to worry about bears because I am eating in my tent? 2nd question... Should I download the drunk text app to prevent me from texting my exes? This air mattress has the coolest way to blow it up. Stay tuned.

Plant Daytime Wood Grass Tree

Smile Plant Blue Leisure Tent

Outerwear Comfort Textile Sleeve Beige

Food Smile Tableware Human Plate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts