JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 15's work on the JK Rubicon? I would like to fit 15x8 or 15x10's under there for the upcoming lift. Speaking of that...I will have the stock rims and tires for sale (Rubicon Moab wheels and 32" BFG Mt's) so if anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There are some 15s that will work, but not all of them will fit. As far as I know 15" steelies have been working out for people. Just make sure to test fit to see if they work out. If not send those puppies back. It also depends on how much clearance between the caliper and the inner wheel you are comfortable with. It can get pretty tight in there.

-Living Still

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I am afraid of...I think I want a little room so a 16 may be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Just grind the caliper down and don't look back. Saves a lot on the tires too with 15" wheels. My fronts rubbed so I took the grinder wheel to the caliper and took off about an eighth of an inch, no problems at all.

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
It's not just the caliper. You are limiting your choices for tie rods when the crappy stock one shits the bed. Do 17's less rubber to balance, more tire choices.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Both sets of my aluminim 15's fit with no rubbing -

Pro-Comps and Racelines

And they work with the RK heavy duty tie rod with Moog Ends

1 - 10 of 10 Posts