JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was installing my superior axle tube seals today and when removing my right side sensor this happened ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300486159.670745.jpg

So... Where (aside from the stealership) can I get one... And quick?

Any yellow stars carry these and care to quote me a price, please shoot me a pm. If at all possible I'd like to have it by our install party next saturday

Sent by carrier pigeon

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Is that the whole thing... Wire and all?

Sent by carrier pigeon
yes and it plugs in BEHIND the shock tower, pain in the ass, you can slide the whole connector off of the mount or remove it from tower so you can see what you are doing.

edit actually the part that broke off maybe floating around inside your hub bearing now, may need new hub bearing also. I'm gonna call ya.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I NEVER yank the sensor when I pull unit bearings/shafts. Unclip the connector and remove as a whole. Those sensors are a PITA to remove and damn near always break.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I NEVER yank the sensor when I pull unit bearings/shafts. Unclip the connector and remove as a whole. Those sensors are a PITA to remove and damn near always break.
I think that's gonna be my approach if I ever do this again... The problem is all I did was remove the bolt on that side, I hadn't even started to try to remove the sensor. I have a feeling it was broken and being held in place by the bolt. Either way it's broken and I've gotta fix it now

Sent by carrier pigeon

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
nick i did the same thing on my old 2 door

the parts easy to change, the connector behind the shock/spring tower is a bitch but doable.
to get the broken part out of the unit bearing i used a small easyout and a pick, it took me maybe 15min to get the broken peice out of the axle, put the new in and my dash stopped looking like a christmas tree

funny thing is it was my right side also that broke, the left came right out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts