JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone run non-name brand spacers? i see some on ebay that look very similar to the spidertrax ones just not andonized(sp?) blue,both are hub centric and seem to be made the same. i see some people say not to run them and some say its no problem (like pretty much any mod).

·
Registered
774 Posts
I run ebay spacers on my jk and ran them on my tj for 6 years. They are just as good as the expensive ones. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just don't like taking a chance with wheel spacers. If something where to happen you would be kicking yourself in the A$$ for saving a few bucks. Just my 2 Cents

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
agreed
something as critical as spacers, I paid the extra cash for the piece of mind and went with tried n true spidertraxx.
The others 'may' be as good, but they may not.
At least with spidertraxx I knew what I was getting and that there were a gazillion out there in use with a proven track record.
I just couldn't justify the savings to myself.
Not to say they've never, ever failed, but I've never personally heard of a failure that was actually quality related.

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
been running spydertrax for a while, just finished 5000 miles on a road trip with them and no problems, on the other hand ask Alec W his thoughts! I can't find his post, but he had a issue with spacers.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
over 10K on my spyders and wheeled the crap out of it at K-rocks yesterday
zero problems
I think Alec's prob was a couple of lugs came loose and transferred all the load onto 2 or 3 lugs and those broke, but theres really no way to know.
Not really a spacer issue there I don't think.

A

·
0 Posts
No where in that thread is it blaming the spacer. So what does it have to do with this????
Actually, it was an issue with the spacer. The studs that came with them were not seated correctly becuase they had the wrong spine type. That’s what we think caused the lug nuts to loosen. I replaced all of the studs so hopefully it won’t happen again.

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
Actually, it was an issue with the spacer. The studs that came with them were not seated correctly becuase they had the wrong spine type. That’s what we think caused the lug nuts to loosen. I replaced all of the studs so hopefully it won’t happen again.
I was going to say something but i figured I would let the master respond.
:D

·
Registered
774 Posts
I din't see that in your thread. What spacer did you use?

A

·
0 Posts
I din't see that in your thread. What spacer did you use?
TeraFlex spacers.

I didn’t find out until a week or so ago and forgot to update the thread. I’m not 100% sure either but it makes sense and I’ll live with that as an answer.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Quality name??? what did TreaFlex say??? i'm sure they will not take any blame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts