JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help out a Brother...So I think to avoid wheel spacers I need to maintain a 4.5" backspacing. I just got a huge list of rims from Mr. Wheel Deal...would recomend him.. for the Jeep. If I understand to keep 4.5 I need a 0 offset on a 8" wheel, -6 on a 8.5" wheel and -12 on a 9". This list contains very little wheels with this BS/Offset combo. What am I missing??? Thanks

· No Longer a Supporting Vendor
1,273 Posts
We'd be happy to help you out. We guarantee the lowest delivered price on everything we sell AND we give JKowners members $50.00 off their total when they purchase any 5 tires for their Jeep.

What size wheels are you looking for? Do you have a style in mind?

· Registered
2,265 Posts
We'd be happy to help you out. We guarantee the lowest delivered price on everything we sell AND we give JKowners members $50.00 off their total when they purchase any 5 tires for their Jeep.

What size wheels are you looking for? Do you have a style in mind?
Awesome contribution to tech and the specific questions he has.

· Registered
2,265 Posts
Im running Black Rock Viper Wheels 17x8 which have a zero degree offset and 4.5 back space. They clear my Teraflex big brake kit just fine but just barely touch the jamb nuts on my rough stuff tie rod. I would imagine there would be no contact with the stock or pretty much any other tie rod that doesn't use offset TRE's.

I also ran steel Black Rock 997's 17x9 with -12 degrees offset and 4.5 backspace that required me to just barely grind the caliper down so there was no contact with the Teraflex Big brake kit. No issues with stock brakes.

What size tire are you planning to run?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.