JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running 285/75 Toyo MT’s on my 07 Rubicon factory wheels. Wanting a wider looking stance. I assume my factory wheels are 9” Thinking of purchasing 17x10 fuel Mavericks and running same tire. How much negative offset can I go with to get the look I want without putting too much stress on axles, bearings, etc? Also will 10” wheels cause me issues with mild off roading? Or...should I stick with 9” wide fuel wheels and just negative offset? Any info greatly appreciated. Pics of your jeep will help me too!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
stock rims are 7.5" wide and have 6.25 backspacing. I think a 10" wide rim on a 285 tire is too wide. go with an 8-9" wide rim and 4.5-5.2 backspacing or just keep your rims and add 1.5" spidertrax spacers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Currently running 285/75 Toyo MT’s on my 07 Rubicon factory wheels. Wanting a wider looking stance. I assume my factory wheels are 9” Thinking of purchasing 17x10 fuel Mavericks and running same tire. How much negative offset can I go with to get the look I want without putting too much stress on axles, bearings, etc? Also will 10” wheels cause me issues with mild off roading? Or...should I stick with 9” wide fuel wheels and just negative offset? Any info greatly appreciated. Pics of your jeep will help me too!!
I am running stock rims with Spidertrax and LT295-70R/17 Nitto TeraGraplers.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts