JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to do the brake pads, rotors, and wheel bearings when I do the lift on my jeep, but, I have a few questions:

1. is there one front hub assembly brand that is preferred? timken, mopar, etc?

2. Is the rear an assembly too, or is it sometime of actual bearing that needs replaced? any instructions or write ups on this?

·
Registered
322 Posts
First answer, factory or a high quality bearings. Second answer, unless the axle seals or the bearing have play in them, leave it alone.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Axle seals are leaking or the bearings have play in them. It what I wanted to say.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
For the front, I used a set of hubs (unit bearings) from detroitaxle.com. Don't know about a general preference but most unit bearings are probably made in China. It'll be at least a few more years (if ever) before Trump's policies get that trend turned around.

The rear bearings are pressed on to the axle shafts. I just upgraded to cromoly shafts with new bearings already installed (Nitro Gear & Axle).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok ill just price the best deal I can find on the fronts. With the rears, does one shaft company stand out? Ive read where revolution has a lifetime warranty on the US made versions. Do they all come pre assembled with shafts and bearings?

·
Registered
656 Posts
ok ill just price the best deal I can find on the fronts. With the rears, does one shaft company stand out? Ive read where revolution has a lifetime warranty on the US made versions. Do they all come pre assembled with shafts and bearings?

I twisted my stock rears at the spline a while back.

$ was tight at the time, I did a little research and went with “ten factory” assemblies.

Reasonable prices, decent warranty, good reputation.
I didn’t find any bad info that was backed up by facts/proof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts