JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw these guys posted basically an ad for their supercharger, claiming they didn't know how to become a sponsor, and I still don't see them as a sponsor..what gives..
Don't tell me they did a hit and run, dropped a bunch of info and links and then vacated.. pretty sleazy if they did.
I see they had no problem learning how to become a sponsor at the "other" JK site. Maybe thats the key, they were "told" they could not be a sponsor at a competing forum...

Inquiring minds want to know.
Too bad since I am seriously thinking about either yanking that anemic POS 3.8 and dropping a small block in, or getting a supercharger, and I like the looks of their package.

I did sand dunes the other day, and had to leave out of embarrasment, since I basically had to get a high speed start to make it over any hill of any size. The motor bogged down soooo bad, no power at all to motor up over any dunes. I knew I'd take a hit with the lift and 35's, but geez.

Where are you guys?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I saw these guys posted basically an ad for their supercharger, claiming they didn't know how to become a sponsor, and I still don't see them as a sponsor..what gives..
Don't tell me they did a hit and run, dropped a bunch of info and links and then vacated.. pretty sleazy if they did.
I see they had no problem learning how to become a sponsor at the "other" JK site. Maybe thats the key, they were "told" they could not be a sponsor at a competing forum...QUOTE]

Yep...that's what I suspected all along...sleazy eddie probably told them no go here, if they want to advertise their.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3.6, 3.8, whatever it takes..:D
I'd love the 5.7 swap, but 20 large :shaking:
I'd rather like to get my hands on a harness, and do the motor and trans swap myself. Those I can get.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see they had no problem learning how to become a sponsor at the "other" JK site. Maybe thats the key, they were "told" they could not be a sponsor at a competing forum...QUOTE]

Yep...that's what I suspected all along...sleazy eddie probably told them no go here, if they want to advertise their.
That's too bad, because that takes them off my list. Will not spend any $ with any vendor that bends over. I know there are some with Hesco chargers... any honest long term feedback?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Never been a fan of Ripp... In my last world of import tuners their name was not so good. I owned a Hyundai Tiburon (2005) and was part of national forum, www.newtiburon.com . Well Ripp was part of it for awhile, and then kicked off. They had a couple engines blow, possible installer error by the owner of the car or w/e. Of coarse the people claimed the pre-tune from Ripp was off and that caused the issue. Then I believe 1 or 2 people had Ripp themselves install SC kits and their engines blew too…

Same centrifugal set up as the Wrangler but things may have improved a lot by then. Either way, I feel I need to let people interested know. If Ripp wants to discuss it, come on over to NewTib, I am still on there, 05tib is the name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts