JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know we have several threads on grilling and smoking, but I don't think there's an ongoing one. Anyway, post up pics, recipes, techniques, tips and secrets.

Brisket just went on. I've never done one so dad's offering his experience and lending a watchful eye. Rub is equal parts garlic powder, onion powder and dry mustard with some salt and pepper. It'll be mopped with JB&&B Eastern Carolina sauce.

With a side of baked beans using dad's recipe. Can of pork n beans, onion, kielbasa, ketchup, mustard and Worchestershire sauce. I used the crock pot overnight, but they're great in a cast iron Dutch oven.

Should be ready around 2.

Three hours in, after the second mop.

4:20 into the process, 4th and final mop, wrapped in foil and put back in at higher heat (350ish) for another 4 hours or so.

And it's done

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Jeez, I wish we had some of that rain!!! We've been watching the NWS radar and y'all in Houston are getting all those bands of showers.
Yeah, and you can feel the temp drop as the front rolls through. Keeps dragging moisture up from the Gulf, so hopefully you all will get some of it.

~SoCo

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know how that JB&B goes on brisket...never tried that.
Turned out real good! Didn't overpower it but kept it real moist and tender. If I changed anything, I'd knock the amount of garlic powder down or use my normal rub.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Took a detour past Occupy Philly last night after a couple Irish car bombs. Now I got a couple deadbeat hippies stuck in my grille. Since they're lazy as hell, i figure that the meat should be nice and tender. I'm thinkin a nice dry rub and a few hours in the smoker with some BBQ glazing and they'll finally be good for something.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And for leftovers, a Reuben

Brisket, Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce, white American cheese and slaw toasted on white bread

·
Registered
167 Posts
i marinated overnight the short ribs in allegro soy, lime, a horseradish marinade which gives them a nice mexican rib taste. the turkey legs marinated a day and a half in goya mojo marinade and seasoned them in tony's. the turkey legs had a nice juicy and citrus flavor on the inside with a spicy kick on the skin from the tony's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.