JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some guidance, advice what ever you care to call it. On my 07 JKU I have only upgraded the suspension so far. I run 33"s at the moment, but plan on moving up to 35"s thats as big as I care to get. If you guys could look at what I have done and let me know if I have missed something or should move onto another area.

I have a 3" lift coils, shocks, adjustable track bars, disco sway bar, and upgraded the damper. On the damper I thought about going up to a dual damper system if you all think thats advisable, just don't want to waste money. I have wheel spacers, I just haven't got around to installing them yet.

So am I missing anything, or am I good. And if Im good enough on this what should I be paying attention to next. Im more concerned about reliability and drivability at the moment. I drive this thing everyday and on road trips.

Thanks Justin.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Dont bother with dual stabilizers. One works just fine.

Do you have a front 44? Do you wheel often?

I say get C-gussets at the very least before slapping on the 35s. Its not mandatory but its cheap peace of mind in my opinion.

If you wheel often, then sleaving or trussing it would also be on my to do list again just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
You can get sleeves from Poly for ~$60 cheaper:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...-ZJ-D30-44-Inner-Axle-Sleeve-Kit-p-20274.html

Also they have 10% off sales often so wait on one of those and get the C-gussets for a little less than the Evo ones as well.

You could also look into adding a truss in addition to/instead of the sleeves. Its alot less labor and depending on who you ask might actually provide more strength.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get sleeves from Poly for ~$60 cheaper:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...-ZJ-D30-44-Inner-Axle-Sleeve-Kit-p-20274.html

Also they have 10% off sales often so wait on one of those and get the C-gussets for a little less than the Evo ones as well.

You could also look into adding a truss in addition to/instead of the sleeves. Its alot less labor and depending on who you ask might actually provide more strength.
Great thanks for the heads up, thats the kinda stuff I need help with... I dont know where to find all this stuff.

Im going to do my balljoints (Synergy), so I thought I could do the sleeve at the same time, would it be worth adding the truss along with the sleeve or am I just being silly.

I don't want to do it if I don't have to. And you know, maybe I watch to much youtube, So if this is over kill someone call me out on it.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
No such thing as overkill when it comes to strengthening a component.

Remember sleeving an axle is quite labor intensive while trussing it is not as much.

You will have to do the research and decide if both, or one over the other is the best solution for you.

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
I haven't wheeled much, Im new to the jeep thing. Got mine in November.

I dont have a 44 in the front. I guess what I want to do is get my jeep so its capable of going on the rubicon trail. Thats my goal.
Fun addiction, isn't it? Well, except for the actual parting of the $'s :) If you want to get it "Rubicon" ready and you have a D30 (meaning you don't even have the rubi rails), then go pick out a nice set of rock sliders first.

Gusset definitely. Sleeve or (and ;)) truss recommended depending how much and what type of wheeling style you prefer on the rocks. Personally, I've beat the snot out of my LCA skids, so I'm a fan of them as well. Gussets/sleeves/LCA skids are more or less the same, just pick and go with whatever market/price point makes you happy.

I and most of my friends use Tom Woods driveshafts. Why? -great product and EXCELLENT customer service from our experience.

Oh yea, and get some recovery gear sooner than later too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.