JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
::RANT ON::

Why am I seeing people list a STICKER as a "mod?" I mean...I'll bend on aftermarket floor mats, grab handles, and small things like that...but a STICKER? Seriously? Where does it end? Can I list my scratches and dents as mods?

::RANT OFF::

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i think this topic was covered a few months ago... mods, goodies, its all the same :laughing:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Think thats funny? For awhile there on a lot of the Camaro/Firebird (f-body forums) it was said "Polishing is not a mod!" hahaha

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
To each his own. Some folks are excited about anything and everything having to do with their JK. :mr-t:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Well, mod is modification. In my opinion a "mod" is modifying something. You can make changes to your suspension, I.E. Modify your suspension. Unfortunatley, a sticker modifies the look so yah, Sticker IS a mod :thefinger:

whether or not it is worth bragging about is another story lol I would say stop trying to question the internet :lol: It will never end and will always suck. It is made up of all these people so it includes the good qualities as well as all the retarded qualities of people...unfortunatley

A

·
0 Posts
What about removing a sticker and calling it a mod? Even more hardcore is removing the Jeep badge on the front, painting it black and gluing it back on. I need to add that to my sig… Oh wait… I don’t have a sig :laughing:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Say I had a sig would I list removing the "Wrangler Unlimited" sticker and adding a proper "Jeep" sticker as one mod or two?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Say I had a sig would I list removing the "Wrangler Unlimited" sticker and adding a proper "Jeep" sticker as one mod or two?
I think it would be two. You modified the Jeep by removing the sticket, then you remodified that mod by putting a different sticker on. My head hurts now. :eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think it would be two. You modified the Jeep by removing the sticket, then you remodified that mod by putting a different sticker on. My head hurts now. :eek:
THats called the "debadging Mod"...then followed up with "Jeep badging Mod".....:bounce:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Three, as you removed the "Wrangler" sticker, the "Unlimited" sticker, and added the "Jeep" sticker. Now if you removed all the sticker residue with Goof Off or something that would be another mod, so you'd have actually done four mods each side, making for eight mods :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
did the trail pin-stripe mod yesterday :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Great! I added a "Type R" decal to mine. That adds about 5hp right there. I could feel the zip.

I was planning on adding an "Obama 08" decal but someone told me it dropped the mpg down to 5 unless I inflated my tires to 40psi:thefinger:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts