JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you blast me...I searched..quickly☺

I have a 2016 JKU auto tranny with no factory fob (roll up windows and manual locks). I need a simple remote start.

What works good?

I don't need some expensive viper system to start the car from Bangladesh

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fortin, check that brand out, have their module with long range controls and it works like a charm, not pricey (eBay-200bucks for my setup), and veeeeery easy to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks!

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Answer is NONE. They're all botchy and hacky to install.

Although the range is short, the MOPAR is the best option. It integrates very cleanly and requires no wire splicing, electrical tape, or modules shoved under the steering wheel. It's available through Quadratec; you can install it yourself and have the dealer flash the computer for one hour's worth of labor cost.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Answer is NONE. They're all botchy and hacky to install.

Although the range is short, the MOPAR is the best option. It integrates very cleanly and requires no wire splicing, electrical tape, or modules shoved under the steering wheel. It's available through Quadratec; you can install it yourself and have the dealer flash the computer for one hour's worth of labor cost.
The Fortin Evo All if you have Factory power locks will act as a remote start and is plug and play. Not a single cut made to the wiring on the vehicle. You just disconnect plug a t harness into the ignition wiring.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Fortin Evo All if you have Factory power locks will act as a remote start and is plug and play. Not a single cut made to the wiring on the vehicle. You just disconnect plug a t harness into the ignition wiring.
second this. plug and play very easy and no extra fob to worry about because it uses the unlock/lock key fob

·
Registered
506 Posts
Another +1 for Fortine because it is easy to use, although range is a little short.
I installed the same one and it literally took me 20 minutes to do. The range is kinda short though, but for 90 bucks I can't complain...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Did you end up going with the Fortine kit? Happy with it?

I do not have power locks in my08 either and have been looking for options.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Another +1 for Fortine because it is easy to use, although range is a little short.

I used this also.
Range is short as others have said. Other than that, it's great

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Was talking to one of my service tech friends and he seems to think the Mopar one could work on Jeeps not equipped with factory power locks.He thinks the install would be the same but for the programming all they need to do is code it for remote start and not keyless entry.

Anyone had that done?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts