JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

What Warn winches will fit the 2014 Rubicon X (unlimited) front bumpers?

Do they require any additional mounting kits?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Hey Guys,

What Warn winches will fit the 2014 Rubicon X (unlimited) front bumpers?

Do they require any additional mounting kits?
Good question. You'll need a Winch Plate in order to mount a winch to your stock bumper. This will give you all the necessary strength and mounting points for your winch as well as your fairlead.

All winch manufacturers use the same bolt patterns on there winches so you can pretty much use any plate with any winch. As far as what winch to get, you'll want one that has roughly twice the pulling power as the weight of your Jeep. This will ensure that you'll be able to get out of any tough spot you get yourself into.

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

-Ryan

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The winch plate puts you half way to a decent aftermarket bumper. Do yourself a favor a remove that ugly/cheap/weak stock front bumper if you're going to mount a winch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Apparently neither of the two posters above noticed the "X" in your post..

The Rubicon X is the same as the 10A (10th Anniversary) bumper, not the regular plastic thing. Yes, you will need a Mopar winch plate kit for it. I remember reading that it was not available yet, but that was several months ago, so it may be available now. Search the forum for 10A front bumper and see what you can find, or just call the dealer and ask them about it. As for fitment, I can't tell you for certain, but most standard sized winches should fit in there, with the exception of Warn's 8274 and a few other large winches (the PowerPlant may not fit either). If you find a winch you like, you could just contact the manufacturer and ask them.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Apparently neither of the two posters above noticed the "X" in your post..

The Rubicon X is the same as the 10A (10th Anniversary) bumper, not the regular plastic thing. Yes, you will need a Mopar winch plate kit for it. I remember reading that it was not available yet, but that was several months ago, so it may be available now. Search the forum for 10A front bumper and see what you can find, or just call the dealer and ask them about it. As for fitment, I can't tell you for certain, but most standard sized winches should fit in there, with the exception of Warn's 8274 and a few other large winches (the PowerPlant may not fit either). If you find a winch you like, you could just contact the manufacturer and ask them.
X2 I have a 10 A and it requires a special wich plate made by either mopar or Maxus. Not all winches fit. The Warn CTI fits with no mods and a winch plate. If you want to center or use a different winch you will have to cut the fairlead hole on the bumer and it would only work with the Maxus winch mount. Anyway if you have questions feel free to PM me I have a 10 A and installed the winch mount kit from Mopar and a Warn CTI. :beer::beer: Edit: the Mopar winch mount has been avail for a few months and is well worth the extra money as it is more than just a bottom plate it is a front plate and the relo brakets you need as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
X2 I have a 10 A and it requires a special wich plate made by either mopar or Maxus. Not all winches fit. The Warn CTI fits with no mods and a winch plate. If you want to center or use a different winch you will have to cut the fairlead hole on the bumer and it would only work with the Maxus winch mount. Anyway if you have questions feel free to PM me I have a 10 A and installed the winch mount kit from Mopar and a Warn CTI. :beer::beer: Edit: the Mopar winch mount has been avail for a few months and is well worth the extra money as it is more than just a bottom plate it is a front plate and the relo brakets you need as well.
I'm looking to install tow brackets in the bumper (attached to the frame) for use with a motor home. They would install where the plastic bumps are inboard of the small lights in the bumper. Will this interfere with mounting the Mopar winch bracket that you have installed? Do you remove the bumper when installing the bracket? If the winch bracket mounts in the area where I want the tow brackets, I'd probably get it all done at the same time. Any thoughts

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
I'm looking to install tow brackets in the bumper (attached to the frame) for use with a motor home. They would install where the plastic bumps are inboard of the small lights in the bumper. Will this interfere with mounting the Mopar winch bracket that you have installed? Do you remove the bumper when installing the bracket? If the winch bracket mounts in the area where I want the tow brackets, I'd probably get it all done at the same time. Any thoughts
I have a rough country winch plate with a superwinch sitting on an OEM bumper. Still have to take off the bumper to install the plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
OT: Any idea how heavy is a Mopar 10A JK front bumper (including ends, excluding winch of course)? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts