JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone translate what the owners manual says? "MOPAR manual transmission lubricant or equal (meeting DaimlerChrysler Material standard MS-9224"

We don't have a Chrysler store anymore and I just wanted to get some fluid from NAPA but I don't know what to get.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I was told by my dealer to use the Mopar "NV 3550" fluid. It's the same stuff used in the TJ manuals.

I don't know of a cross though. The stuff from Mopar is like 15 bucks a bottle. And you need three bottles. The tranny will take just over 2.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
you cna use Amsoil Synthetic Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mtf.aspx
APPLICATIONS
Recommended for automotive and light-truck applications that require synchromesh transmission fluid. Applications include manual transmissions and transaxles such as New Venture NV T350, NV 1500, NV 2550, NV 3500, NV 3550, NV 5600, and Tremec T4, T5, T18, T56, T176, TKO500, TKO600, TR 3450 and TR 3550. Replaces MTF-94 fluid for Land Rover, MG, and Mini Cooper. Replaces Honda Genuine MTF fluid for manual transaxles and Texaco MTX fluid. Not for use in engines, hypoid rear axles, limited-slip or wet clutch applications.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
you cna use Amsoil Synthetic Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mtf.aspx
APPLICATIONS
Recommended for automotive and light-truck applications that require synchromesh transmission fluid. Applications include manual transmissions and transaxles such as New Venture NV T350, NV 1500, NV 2550, NV 3500, NV 3550, NV 5600, and Tremec T4, T5, T18, T56, T176, TKO500, TKO600, TR 3450 and TR 3550. Replaces MTF-94 fluid for Land Rover, MG, and Mini Cooper. Replaces Honda Genuine MTF fluid for manual transaxles and Texaco MTX fluid. Not for use in engines, hypoid rear axles, limited-slip or wet clutch applications.

I use the same stuff... I've noticed that the transmission shift better too. :beer:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I was told by my dealer to use the Mopar "NV 3550" fluid. It's the same stuff used in the TJ manuals.

I don't know of a cross though. The stuff from Mopar is like 15 bucks a bottle. And you need three bottles. The tranny will take just over 2.
I could only get about 1 3/4 bottles in mine before it started coming out the fill hole.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I could only get about 1 3/4 bottles in mine before it started coming out the fill hole.
That's weird. It must not have all drained out. Was the jeep on a hill?

I'm going off memory, but I believe it states it takes 2.something quarts. When I changed mine, it was just over two bottles. I bought 3 and still have most of the third sitting in the garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts