JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys carrying your tools in on the trail? I carry mine in the extra bin under the back floor in the "trunk" but have outgrown that small storage. I'm looking at tool bags but wondered if any of you would recommend a tool box with drawers or a bag. What are y'all using?

Sent from my iPhone wishing I was wheeling

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I have two 14" heavy duty Husky bags, matching. They work great.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
This Craftsman was the perfect fit... Tons of room for a box that's only 8.5" deep!

I also have a tool bag that serves well when the toolbox is out.

Attachments

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
I took an old pair of cargo pants that needed to become shorts due to seriously frayed cuffs and after cutting off the bottom of the leg, decided to make tool pouches out of em. Sewed the end shut with fishing line and ran a piece of manilla rope through the old cuff. Holds a surprising amount of shit in there. All my torx bits, assorted metric crescent wrenches, jumper cables, gloves, pliers, plug kit and a few other things I might be forgetting.

Been using it for nearly 2 years. Still going like a champ and I have a spare in the basement for when it eventually shits the bed.

Took maybe 20 minutes to rig it up.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

Pretty much everything needed to take a Jeep apart, lol.
and a tool bag for the impact wrench and sockets.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have a Craftsman Mechanics Tool set that came in a box that fits perfectly under the passenger seat. I also have a Smittybilt Taligate cover that has really helped empty out my storage compartment.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Soft sided bag. I do have smaller zip canvas bags inside to oragnize stuff. One for screwdrivers, one for impact sockets and extensions, and one for wrenches.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Not a lot of tools yet but the black zippered trail bag from EAD. At the time they had a starter kit with tow strap, shackles and a couple other things. It's held up well.

A friend of ours with a TJ removed the rear seat and mounted a tractor supply metal box in there on it's back so it's like a drop down gate in the cargo area. She runs a windjammer something like this. and has it pushed up tight so you still have a little space behind it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Soft sided bag. I do have smaller zip canvas bags inside to oragnize stuff. One for screwdrivers, one for impact sockets and extensions, and one for wrenches.
I use this same setup. CLC tool bag with half a dozen Klien pouches

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
Two eight gallon action packers filled to the brim and I still have shit tucked away in other spots. Ugh... as soon as I off load something, the next day I'll need it.... Murphy you know.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Pretty much everything needed to take a Jeep apart, lol.
and a tool bag for the impact wrench and sockets.
X2 on these craftsman sets. This set really does come with almost everything you will ever need. I have another bag for the random things that are needed.

In the feautre I would like to use the Jeepswag pouches for the odds and ends.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Other peoples jeeps.:shitstorm:

My tools are not really set up to take with me. I need another set just for trail runs.
I was thinking the socket organizers, each in a sock, in an ammo box(.50 cal) would work well, but haven't gotten around to trying it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts