JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I aired down my new Nitto's to 20-22lbs when testing them out on the hard frozen soil this past weekend and the ride was much nicer but thinking it may have been even better going down a little more. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
IMO
It depends a lot on where you are wheeling as well as how much wieght you are carrying.
My 35" MTR Ks I usually air down to 15 when wheeling here in AZ.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
IMO
It depends a lot on where you are wheeling as well as how much wieght you are carrying.
My 35" MTR Ks I usually air down to 15 when wheeling here in AZ.
I was basically empty but I am in an unlimited with a heavy front, rear bumper and tire carrier running 35's. And a winch too. So compared to stock, I am guessing that is fairly loaded up.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6-9 psi on 37" mtr's. No bead locks, never blown a bead.

Real men run single digits. :thefinger:
Not below the waist, shorty. :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I'm on the stock 32" MT's and I've been going to 20psi (I run about 36psi HWY) My thought is to enhance traction and ease the stiffness, but to also keep as much hight as possible.

Should I be going lower?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I go to 16, 14 if i think i may need a little more bite. Really havent 'needed' to go down any more on the rocks out here.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
In the pines I normaly dont air down at all. Out at Rausch Creek I do 18 or so on the stock BFG MTs.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In the pines I normaly dont air down at all. Out at Rausch Creek I do 18 or so on the stock BFG MTs.
Not sure where in the Pines you've been or when the last time you went was, but I can tell you that if you don't air down in Wharton the trails will shake your frigging Jeep to pieces. It is bad out there now. Washboard trails combined with the frozen HARD dirt makes it very bumpy.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure where in the Pines you've been or when the last time you went was, but I can tell you that if you don't air down in Wharton the trails will shake your frigging Jeep to pieces. It is bad out there now. Washboard trails combined with the frozen HARD dirt makes it very bumpy.
...double post.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I almost ripped my damn antenna off the mount before my buddy handed over a bungee to use. If I had to listen to it smack the tire carrier another minute the thing would have been a javelin. :pissed:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I usually go down to 15-18, havent ever had a problem.

Also really depends on the load rating of your tires.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Stock Rubicon BFGs 12 psi for genersl trail use, 10 psi for dune sand.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts