JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the Rubicon it came with a bag in the back. Its a pretty big bag, solid black, Jeep logo in the corner and it unzips. Inside it has some blue fabric sewn in the top, lose at the bottom almost like a divider for something.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
If the jeep is an 07, probably for half door stowage...could also be to store freedom hardtop front halves...might be to put broken scissor-jack pieces in...who knows...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have half doors. I thought that might be what it was for but not sure...

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's a Jeep beanbag.

·
Registered
445 Posts
When I got the Rubicon it came with a bag in the back. Its a pretty big bag, solid black, Jeep logo in the corner and it unzips. Inside it has some blue fabric sewn in the top, lose at the bottom almost like a divider for something.

That is a Freedom top panel storage bag.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a Freedom top panel storage bag.
well crap... I wonder if this Jeep had a hard top but they sold it instead... I am wondering if it should have half doors or not as well. It has foot and under hood lights and I thought only early productions had that and the doors didnt come out till later.

O well, guess I can sell the bag!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
well crap... I wonder if this Jeep had a hard top but they sold it instead... I am wondering if it should have half doors or not as well. It has foot and under hood lights and I thought only early productions had that and the doors didnt come out till later.

O well, guess I can sell the bag!
I'll take it Jeremy. Does it still have the sticker on the inside of the door? It should tell you when it was made.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take it Jeremy. Does it still have the sticker on the inside of the door? It should tell you when it was made.
PM me a price on the bag.

Ill check for the sticker at lunch but the sticker should be on the door, not door frame right?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Ive heard (w/ the leaking hardtops and softtops), that some dealerships have been switching out the leaking tops w/ others (on the lot) to compensate the REALLY pissed off customers. Have NO idea if any of this is true, as I have RARELY been able to get a dealership to "jump thru hoops"...uh, I mean...honor the customer w/ the quality parts that they advertise. I have seen (smaller/ insignifigant) parts changed out for various reasons...and thought to myself..."hmmm, isnt the person that buys that car (w/ the missing or broken part) going to be getting screwed?" BTW, you might also look at the (painted) nuts on the door hinges to see if theyve been previously removed...(chipped from being wrenched on?)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guess I could also email Jeep with the VIN to give me all the details of the vehicle. I seriously doubt someone paid the price tag to get half doors after the fact though...

·
Registered
783 Posts
yeah, if you go into your dealer and give them the VIN, they should be able to give you a print out of everything your jeep came with from the factory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
THAT IS A STORAGE UNIT FOR A JK-4DOOR WITH HALF DOORS IT HOLDS YOUR UPPER HALF OF THE DOORS. I OWN A JK 4-DOOR WITH HALF DOORS AND I HAVE ONE OF THESE.

THIS NORMALLY DOESN'T COME WITH THE JEEP SO SELL IT IF YOU DON'T NEED IT.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Yep...upper half door storage bag...I have one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts