JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed while doing a rotation today that a few of my studs on my front are starting to strip out. Does anyone know the part number I need for the correct stud?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I do. I'm actually on vacation but if you want to call my shop and ask for Chris he can get the part number off of the bag I kept just for this reason! We broke a stud on a JK so it was worth keeping around. If you haven't found it pm me and I'll get you the number

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question, im about to replace a couple studs on the front...

Do you need washers to pull the stud through the back of the hub? And if so...do the washers have to be big enough to fit over the splined end of the stud to the point where you could place the washer at the very end or does it not matter what size as long as they just fit on the threads of the stud themselves?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You can get the studs any parts store, nothing special.

For install they make special tools to do so. But yes it can be done with a stack of washers. Or a large open nut and a lug nut.

Just me sure they are seated, and re-check the torque after a day or so of driving to see if they "settled" any.

Best of luck, its not too hard.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get the studs any parts store, nothing special.

For install they make special tools to do so. But yes it can be done with a stack of washers. Or a large open nut and a lug nut.

Just me sure they are seated, and re-check the torque after a day or so of driving to see if they "settled" any.

Best of luck, its not too hard.
I have the studs, I am just wondering what sized washers and how many I am going to need to do the job. As I asked, do the washers have to be big enough to fit over the entire width (including the splined end) of the wheel stud, or do they simply have to be big enough to fit over the stud thread itself?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Get them large enough to fit over the splines. Just so if they are a lil long you dont have to mess with a pressed on washer now.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
You will need a couple bigger ones that fit the entire width as when u pull them thru u have about 1/8" not threaded that gets pulled thru also. Think I used three of em.

Edit-damn I type slow on the phone...:beer:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts