JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I’m looking at taking off my stock dueler tires for the winter and get a set of BFG KO2’s and I wanted to know which would be the best size to put on my completely stock Sahara? 265/65R18? Or 285/65R 18? Or another size? I’m not really trying to get a tire to be bigger would just like a more aggressive looking tire and one more suited for snow for I live in Ohio for the winters and want to keep everything stock. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 JKUR Recon AT 3.73 Rear Diff 2" Lift Borla Exhaust 33" Ridge Grapplers on Fuel Wheels 2013 JKU
97 Posts
I would go with the the 265s, or any skinnier/taller variant of size. Pizza-cutter type tires do way better in the snow especially if they are 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake rated (I think the KO2s are?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man I appreciate it!...... have another question to get your opinion on.

should I do the 255/70R /18 on my stick 18” Sahara rims.
OR
Get a wheel/tire set with 31/10.5R/15 and out em on?

which will look better, or more aggressive?

·
Registered
2017 JKUR Recon AT 3.73 Rear Diff 2" Lift Borla Exhaust 33" Ridge Grapplers on Fuel Wheels 2013 JKU
97 Posts
I would do the 255/70 R18 (32"), I believe 32" (on 17' wheels) was the stock Rubicon wheel size on my 2013. Search images of Rubicons and you will get a good idea of how the tires might look. 31" will look short IMHO and they will probably not perform as well in snow/ice as a taller/narrower tire.

You could also search tire size calculators and try and find a true 33" tall tire on 18" wheel. 33" will look better and have more sidewall. You mentioned you did not necessarily want bigger tires so I did not recommend it earlier.

Recommend using a calibration tool such as an AEV ProCal, SuperChips, etc to calibrate the true installed tire height as this will affect traction control, braking, speedometer, odometer, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.