JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to set up my build and I am really thinking I want to go with a RK 3.5 kit, but how do I figure out which one I should get? Too many options. Mid arm/long arm/pro lift/Flex/x-factor/maxtravel/x-factor plus/coil over/triple threat/etc.... Crazy! It will be going on a 4 door JK Rubicon. Would like to run 37's with the option to maybe go bigger later on. Will be running PSC fenders for clearance. I am into rock crawling, not mudding/bogging or whatever that crap is called. I am not on to much of a budget, but do want to keep cost down as much as posssible without sacrificing quality, performance. What do you guys think? Help me out here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trying to set up my build and I am really thinking I want to go with a RK 3.5 kit, but how do I figure out which one I should get? Too many options. Mid arm/long arm/pro lift/Flex/x-factor/maxtravel/x-factor plus/coil over/triple threat/etc.... Crazy! It will be going on a 4 door JK Rubicon. Would like to run 37's with the option to maybe go bigger later on. Will be running PSC fenders for clearance. I am into rock crawling, not mudding/bogging or whatever that crap is called. I am not on to much of a budget, but do want to keep cost down as much as posssible without sacrificing quality, performance. What do you guys think? Help me out here.
My vote would be X-factor or higher, the max travel would be nice too b/c of the added draglink flip set up.

Are you planning to install yourself? Can you weld? If yes to both of those why not long arm it with 3 link front and rear? That would be awesome!

I'm on the 3.5" X-Factor Mid arm and love it. I wasn't worried about weight so I didn't even consider the pro systems.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Call 'em... excellent customer service and some customization.

I have the 3.5 X and love the flex, constantly driving my 35's into the my fenders... Yeah, that is some righteous flex right there.:)

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
I've had, and installed all of the above.
The 3.5" X-Factor is the most popular because it does not require any surgery at all, flexes like a mofo, rides great down the highway. Add the steering system and front TB Bracket and you have the Max Travel.

The Long Arms systems take it one step further but are a permanent install. They will require some surgery and some exhaust work. The end result is well worth the work, but there is work.

The 3.5" Max Travel Mid Arm is what is going on my 4-Door. :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I've had, and installed all of the above.
The 3.5" X-Factor is the most popular because it does not require any surgery at all, flexes like a mofo, rides great down the highway. Add the steering system and front TB Bracket and you have the Max Travel.

The Long Arms systems take it one step further but are a permanent install. They will require some surgery and some exhaust work. The end result is well worth the work, but there is work.

The 3.5" Max Travel Mid Arm is what is going on my 4-Door. :)
I got my 3.5 and love it..... Awesome ride and even better flex!!! I say 3.5 max travel.

I have a write up in the write up dept of install the 3.5 max travel, check it out.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I would skip the long arms and go with the 3.5" X-Factor or Max Travel. I personally don't feel that there is a benefit to long arms on a JKU. The mid arm will take you anywhere you need to go in comfort.

The steering is discounted a couple hundred bucks when you go with the Max Travel vs buying it later. It's a great way to save money.

I run the 3.5 X Factor on my two door with 2.5" coils and am very pleased with it.

Marcus

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
Sir

For you given your tire size requirements, we would recommend the 3.5" Max. Travel Mid Arm. It provides you with high steer which will be really important for reducing the steering stress on your OEM components with those big new sneakers. With that system and PSC fenders we actually recommend 38's. You could squeeze 40's for that really low COG look!

Like others mentioned, long arms are permanent and alot of work no matter who's system you choose!

With our 3.5" X Factor or Max. Travel Mid arm, you can easily lift one rear tire almost 40"s off the ground before any other tire comes off the ground on a 4 door and that is without getting really tricky with shocks! That is alot of off-road articulation ability for a Mid Arm System.

If you are game, long arms are Bad A**, but it costs more and the install is alot more work!

RK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.