JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm getting 4.88 gears installed in august and I want to take advantage of this time to install a rear locker for my unlimited 4 door. I'm only finding arb as an option out there but there has to be other options. Any electric options?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Any standard dana 44 locker will work, as long as its not a Rubicon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check that ARB option thoroughly. A couple a months ago, I was about to order ARB and Superior axles for my rear Dana44. Ended up getting OEM Rubicon Dana44 front + rear axles instead. Why? 'Cause neither ARB or Superior could at that time guarantee that they'd work on a JK's Dana44...:shaking: It was some matter regarding ring/carrier/pinion or something.

·
Registered
774 Posts
If your installer knows what he is doing, any D44 locker will work.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have installed an ARB in a JK 44 rear and 30 front. It was no problem, you just have to get the correct ratio locker. Talk to Seth at ARB, he know what to use. In fact I am getting rid of those axles soon with 4.88 gears if anyone is interested. I converted the front to 30 spline too.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Inquiring minds?????
Just get a 30 spline ARB and get custom length inner shafts, use the stock seals. You can use the stock outer shafts or Superior chromo outers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts