JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine are mostly fluff, but here they are anyways :D . Soft doors and a decent set of mirror relocation brackets (anyone know if the TJ ones can be made to work with some modification?). Also, a duster cover that doesn't force you to remove the soft top from the Jeep....that kinda defeats the purpose of what I've always used them for in the past :shaking:.

All the other stuff for my meager needs seems to be out on the market now......'cept the funds to get said items :laughing:.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm looking forward to the U.S. release of the Old Man Emu lift; it's already available Down Under, and should cost about $600 US... I've specifically waited to lift because I don't want to buy too soon and miss out on "the best" (if they hold to the rep they established with the TJ, that is).

G

·
0 Posts
Skid plates, particularly if they increase the clearance by tucking up closer to the drivetrain (several wasted inches there!). Would love skid plates for the oil pan, transmission, Tcase, gas tank, evap canister and muffler.

And if someone could find a way to raise the gas tank to get rid of those wasted inches, it would be great. How about relocating the evap canister and then splitting the tank into two, one on each side, so that the overall capacity stayed the same or increased and the bottom of the tanks was flush with the bottom of the frame rails.

Also would like a bolt in roll cage and some heavy duty steering gear similar to the Currie steering pieces for the TJ.

And how about a good fix for the hood lifting every time a truck passes you in the other direction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
x2 of soft doors, I run them year round on my LJ and love them.

x3 on the soft doors. I currently have the skidrow engine/oil pan skid and I am happy with it. I also run Solid Axle diff covers. What I am REALLY waiting for is LCA skids and a new gas tank skid as mine has a couple of good dents in it.

Everything else I want is available, just not willing to pay top dollar for new bumpers yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
AFFORDABLE belly armor. Shallower gas tank so it can be tucked flush with the frame. I wouldn't mind losing up to 1/4 of my tank capacity to get it up and out of the way!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Skid plates, particularly if they increase the clearance by tucking up closer to the drivetrain (several wasted inches there!). Would love skid plates for the oil pan, transmission, Tcase, gas tank, evap canister and muffler.

And if someone could find a way to raise the gas tank to get rid of those wasted inches, it would be great. How about relocating the evap canister and then splitting the tank into two, one on each side, so that the overall capacity stayed the same or increased and the bottom of the tanks was flush with the bottom of the frame rails.

Also would like a bolt in roll cage and some heavy duty steering gear similar to the Currie steering pieces for the TJ.

And how about a good fix for the hood lifting every time a truck passes you in the other direction.
I'm also vry happy I have my "Skidrow Offroad" Eng/Tranny Skid & Rock Rails, after a very hard day at "Rausch Creek" I'm lucky I had them. My Gas Tank Skid looks like crap but it took some really hard hits, Skidrow should be coming out with a Gas Tank Skid soon, can't wait. Also ca,'t wait for LCA Bracket Skids, they are in the works.
Eng/Tranny Skid

Rock Rails

G

·
0 Posts
I'm also vry happy I have my "Skidrow Offroad" Eng/Tranny Skid & Rock Rails, after a very hard day at "Rausch Creek" I'm lucky I had them. My Gas Tank Skid looks like crap but it took some really hard hits, Skidrow should be coming out with a Gas Tank Skid soon, can't wait. Also ca,'t wait for LCA Bracket Skids, they are in the works.
Eng/Tranny Skid

Rock Rails
I'm hoping someone will come out with a different approach to the engine/ tranny skid. I like the style where there's a small skid that surrounds the oil pan and then a separate skid for the transmission. Hopefully these would be tucked up close to the equipment they protect and give a bit more ground clearance.

There's no doubt that the large, single skid works but I personally think it's a bit too large and can make it a bit easier to get high centered.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm hoping someone will come out with a different approach to the engine/ tranny skid. I like the style where there's a small skid that surrounds the oil pan and then a separate skid for the transmission. Hopefully these would be tucked up close to the equipment they protect and give a bit more ground clearance.

There's no doubt that the large, single skid works but I personally think it's a bit too large and can make it a bit easier to get high centered.
Yeah, I was really looking forward to the Nth oil skid. I run that on my LJ and really like it. I hope AEV can bring it to market.

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I was really looking forward to the Nth oil skid. I run that on my LJ and really like it. I hope AEV can bring it to market.
I had their oil pan skid on my TJ, too, and really liked it. Although I wasn't real happy with the Nth Degree lift itself, I thought the skid and the Tummy Tuck were great. I agree that it would be great if AEV could introduce a similar product for the JK.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm looking forward to the U.S. release of the Old Man Emu lift; it's already available Down Under, and should cost about $600 US... I've specifically waited to lift because I don't want to buy too soon and miss out on "the best" (if they hold to the rep they established with the TJ, that is).
Yep me two. I have been bitting my lip and hiding my debit card so I can wait for that damn lift to come out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need some thick, stout corners that cover the existing tail light so I can install recessed lights. Only ones available are from AEV and there not as thick as I'd like, and they only come with holes for existing lights. Waiting on PS to hurry up and make their crushers available.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm wanting to purchase winch bumper and winch then wheels and tires

1 - 20 of 32 Posts