JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well I took my new 08 2 door rubicon out wheeling Saturday RC in PA did very good running the green and blues and some blacks ( easy trails) I no now that I will need to put a lift to do hard trails when I get the chance to do it. The question I have is after reading so many threads on this forum and asking advice about what lift kit to go with I'm about to pull the triger and buy one.

I'm asking again for help on a 3 inch lift kit that will not exceed 1,200 that is my budget so everyone that wants to give their opinion go ahead and give it all advice will be greatly appreciated.:beer::beer::beer.

thanks

Steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try Superlift. Kit is simple and easy to install. It also works well. It is not a long arm kit tho. My 2 door has good flex with this lift and 35"s under it. I believe it is somewhere around $700 or so plus shocks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've read that the Black Diamond 3 inch kit is very good for the price. I'm torn between it or going up to a 4 1/2 inch so that I have theoption of 37s.
Bit if I was going for 35s, I would definitely go with the black diamond from what I've read and heard.

·
Registered
205 Posts
bds has a nice 3 inch lift and the no questions asked warrenty is a deffinate plus

·
Banned
104 Posts
Check out POLY PRO..you can get their 4.5" for the same price as their 3". Its gonna cost you more but then again quality usually does and dyou do get what you pay for

·
Registered
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Remember on a 2 door anything over 3" and you run into Driveline issues and might need to upgrade your front and/or rear driveshaft which will not be cheap. Most manufacturers are not setting up kits and shocks differently for the 2 and 4 doors and they should because they are nothing alike. Wheelbase is different, Weight, etc...

Also if you run stock rims you have the potential to rub and will need to add spacers since stock tires backspacing is like 6"

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you NEVER EVER plan on doing anything more than 3" then a Superlift 4"/Black Diamond 3" is the best bang for the buck imo. I love my Superlift 4", it flexs great and I have zero issues out of it (I have the adjustable front trackbar and the Rockrunner front lower's).

If however, you have even the slightest inkling of going bigger in the future go with something else that you can upgrade.

I'm at that point now and it's pretty much where I'll replace everything to go bigger. Even with the great experience I've had with my Superlift kit, I wish I would have went with something that I could upgrade :(

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You cant go wrong with a Poly stage 1. You can upgrade anytime and the products are great quality and fit. I dont have a lift yet cause i dont really need it, but i will replace anything that i brake in my undercarriage with a Polyperformance product.

I got the Poly HD Tie Rod Kit and is top notch quality. I will recomend that to anybody.:beer:

Like the guys have said allready. Go with what you need for your area, and what you really like the jeep to be capable for. Thats my 2c.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have heard a lot about 2-3" 3-4" but I have not had any luck finding anything about having to add a slip yoke as you go up in height. I have just bought an '07 4 door and am looking a lifts, does the extra wheelbase give it enough to where you could put a 4-5" lift on with no problems? Thanks!

·
Banned
104 Posts
I have heard a lot about 2-3" 3-4" but I have not had any luck finding anything about having to add a slip yoke as you go up in height. I have just bought an '07 4 door and am looking a lifts, does the extra wheelbase give it enough to where you could put a 4-5" lift on with no problems? Thanks!
I have a 4 dr RUBICON and I went w/ the POLY PERFORMANCE stage II SYNERGY and its 4.5" of lift and have never looked back or been happier with any company or product through my entire build. Check em out

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 4 dr RUBICON and I went w/ the POLY PERFORMANCE stage II SYNERGY and its 4.5" of lift and have never looked back or been happier with any company or product through my entire build. Check em out
Ditto except I went with their 3" kit and I don't plan on going any higher. I am extremely pleased with my choice.:bounce:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I went with the Rubicon Express lift, it performs great and I can get 35" easly under the fenders and great articulation. Yes, it is pricy though, but worth it. They ran about $1500 for the 3.5" kit with shocks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I went with the Rubicon Express lift, it performs great and I can get 35" easly under the fenders and great articulation. Yes, it is pricy though, but worth it. They ran about $1500 for the 3.5" kit with shocks.
I have an RE on my TJ. When I got it, I chose it partly because RE was so dominant in the market. I don't know what has happened to them, but they seem to have lost market share.

A friend has a Trailmaster lift on his JK. http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=J4616SSV/706.0 It clears 37"s.

It seems expensive, but came with shocks and driveshafts. When I put the RE lift on my TJ I had to go out and get a new shaft from Tom Woods. So when you figure that into the price, it's a good deal.

·
Registered
541 Posts
WP's kit is a fairly new one out there, but I've done 3 of them now and I like the results.

Flexes good, rides good, and is one of the only ones in the price range that I've seen that includes lower control arms front and rear. It also has a nice overkill built trackbar relocation bracket that anchors to like 6 or 8 additional points, which could even be welded in for extra strength.

This photo is their 3" kit with their shocks, and 35" KM2's

You can get em thru me and the jkowp coupon code ships it free. $768.99 without shocks to shop for your own, or with their 60.5mm shocks for $900.99

http://www.rjroffroad.com/warrior-3...mited-stage-i-offroad-c-557-p-1-pr-17287.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
WP's kit is a fairly new one out there, but I've done 3 of them now and I like the results.

Flexes good, rides good, and is one of the only ones in the price range that I've seen that includes lower control arms front and rear. It also has a nice overkill built trackbar relocation bracket that anchors to like 6 or 8 additional points, which could even be welded in for extra strength.

You can get em thru me and the jkowp coupon code ships it free. $768.99 without shocks to shop for your own, or with their 60.5mm shocks for $900.99
All very good lifts from what I can see but the one question remains, will I need to alter my drive shafts? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.