JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its looking like its going to be great weather (60 degrees) this weekend and I was considering taking the top off. It will be cold as hell in the mornings but who cares!

What temperature do you guys wait for till the top comes off?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Drive in this morning was right around 50. Top and doors are off! Drive naked!:D

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
That's right about the limit for me: 60* I have the little one in the morning, so unless it's 60* in the morning, or she's bundled up like Nanook of the North, we're keepin the freedom panels in place.

I'll probably pull the hard top sometime in March and from there on out, it's a 5 minute roll back to get the ORH top on/off. :smokin:

·
Registered
106 Posts
My limit is 65 because any colder and it's hard to put the top back up.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
To me....it has everything to do with the wind. Some days it is sunny as a maiden's golden ass, and it SEEMS like a good idea. Then that wind kicks up and makes it miserable.

With a cap and jacket- mid to upper 50's is as low as I go. Ideal to me is anything between about 70 to 80 degrees.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i usually wait till it's mid 60's for taking off the top and 70's for taking off the doors.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
When I first got my Jeep, it was the 40's if the afternoon was over 60. Heavy coat, gloves, hat, windows up and heat blasting, it isn't that bad. Definitely better than riding a motorcycle.

Now it is around 50 and up.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Had the top off this weekend when we went wheeling. I'm in AZ though and it was about 68-70 degrees!

-Dan

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
When I first got my Jeep, it was the 40's if the afternoon was over 60. Heavy coat, gloves, hat, windows up and heat blasting, it isn't that bad. Definitely better than riding a motorcycle.

Now it is around 50 and up.
Sounds about where I'm at. If it wasn't for my wife this would be the norm. She gets cold easily, anything below 70 and she has icicles for hands.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sounds about where I'm at. If it wasn't for my wife this would be the norm. She gets cold easily, anything below 70 and she has icicles for hands.
Same exact thing for my wife. Her favorite feature on the '11 Grand Cherokee Overland is the heated steering wheel!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Lowest day low would be like 45. That's windows up and keeping warm. I dont care to be topless when it's blazing hot out either

·
Registered
709 Posts
60 if I'm NOT going on the hwy and above 70 if I am

·
14ers
479 Posts
Doesn't matter to me. I dropped the top this morning and the gage said 47 - all depends if she's riding along, then it has to be at least 70 if were not on the freeway, 80 if we are :shaking:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts