JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I noticed mine a couple of days ago while re-installing my carpet after a rain. I'm pretty sure it's slit to go between the two plastic supports there. Mine sits up against the plastic airbox. It doesn't hang like that.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Also, WHAT plastic supports??
On mine there are two small stiffeners on the fan box. Maybe yours is cut too far down. Get some fabric patches and glue them to the underside. Leave a little flap at the top.
Also you could put s black nut and washer on that stud to hold it there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Just chop it off. I'm sure it's there to protect a bare foot from hitting the stud. Mine stays up. If it falls, I'll cut it off.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I'm sorry. I re-read that bit was a little confusing. The plastic I'm talking about is part if the fan box. It's what the carpet it cut to go between. I took a few more pics. Maybe get another plastic nut like you have next to it.

Mine is only cut 2 inches from the top. Yours looks bigger. Mine just sits up like the first pic. I take mine out too much. My plastic nuts are all worn out.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aahh! So there is a plastic nut on the end of your bolt?

I'm just missing the plastic nut that goes on top of that bolt? There is a hole in the carpet that the bolt goes through and the nut sits on top?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Mine does not have the nuts. It just sits there. Yours has one nut next to it. There are more under your seats. Yes make a small hole in your carpet there and use one of your other nuts. I don't use mine under my seats either.
The pic I took of my plastic nut is of a worn out one that lays in the bottom of my glovebox.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet. Thanks for the help. I initially thought some knucklehead put that there as an aftermarket ground point. I didn't realize it's stock and that I'm just missing a plastic nut.

I shouldn't have to put a hole in the carpet, right? It outta be there already or is that not the stock method of pinning the carpet up...

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Mine came with the hole in it, just as my pics show. I didn't modify anything. The longer cuts are why yours is hanging so low.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
that's a lot of bolt to be sticking into the cab!
It's the only thing Chrysler decided to over do. They didn't mind the weak cage crashing in but they sure wanted that fan box to stay in place. 

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.