JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that is driving a Red Rubicon 10. It is a 4 door and the other day when he was stripping the doors off, he un-did the restraining straps on passenger door, and while he was getting another door fixed the wind grabbed his passenger door slammed it into side of the car.

I have a picture of it here (well me pointing to piece on my car). He has tried taking it and getting the dent pulled out, but it has not worked. He just wants to get a new piece and be done with it. Its the curved piece between the windshield and the hood. Its probably 10in x 8in. Also, its the passenger door (if I havent made that clear yet, haha).

If you have a part number for it... or a link to where he can buy a new one that would be great! Thanks! Just trying to help another "Jeep Buddy" out!

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Resize?

Also, if anyone can tell me how to re-size these suckers that would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
That is the "door mirror magnet"...

I wanna say it is part of the front 1/4 panel.

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
I use Paint when I resize things the stretch and skew works great for me!
I use control +/- when viewing and it works for me ;)

Ahh the infamous cowl dent. Normally that would be considered part of the... cowl but Chrysler decided to make it part of the fender. AFAIK it can't be ordered separately.

I have the same dent from the mirror breaking off on a tree in reverse. One body shop quoted repair and another quoted replacement.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
its called the cowl
there are a bunch of posts about mirror dents - a buttload of us have them.
heres one with lots of info
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18031

thats not an easy part to replace, it requires cutting spot welds to remove

best bet is to talk to a paintless dent removal guy and see if he can help, or just live with it - its a jeep.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
you have 2 choices, someone makes a cover that goes over it, think it sticks on or something, or yuo get a new fender since that peice is connected to the fender

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
I believe the proper terminology is the thing-I'm-not-replacing-because-I'll-just-dent-the-damned-thing-over-and-over-again-every-time-I-remove-those-heavy-ass-full-sized-doors:D

Also known as the "girlfriend dent" meaning guy will say, "Oh that? My girlfriend did it"

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I believe the proper terminology is the thing-I'm-not-replacing-because-I'll-just-dent-the-damned-thing-over-and-over-again-every-time-I-remove-those-heavy-ass-full-sized-doors:D
The key here is to be stronger than the door. :thefinger: It really should be a placard on the inside of the door from the factory. There's like 3 airbag warnings but no "door will dent cowl if you let go" warning.

Luckily I got a warning before the first time I removed mine. :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fast

Damn, you guys are fast. But thanks.

So, to say it simply... you can replace it, but it will be pricey, extremely annoying. And will for sure dent it again.

I just stripped mine down like 30 min ago and I left a towel on the stupid things so that they would not get dented or scratched (now I just realized I have a HUGE "skinny" long scratch running right up my hood. Damn tree limbs...)

And yes, but I have 3 girlfriend dents near the back of my jeep... from when she is throwing her stuff in the trunk. Haha. :bounce:

But thanks guys, you answered my (his) question.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Or do like me and remove the mirrors...

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
The key here is to be stronger than the door. :thefinger: It really should be a placard on the inside of the door from the factory. There's like 3 airbag warnings but no "door will dent cowl if you let go" warning.

Luckily I got a warning before the first time I removed mine. :D
:laughing:

:thefinger:

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Just live with the dent.
It's a jeep not a car.
Very easy to remove that goofy sticker below.....:thefinger::beer:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
And no one caught the sticker below the dent?

its just a dent man live with it cause it will happen in the exact same place again

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just live with the dent.
It's a jeep not a car.
Very easy to remove that goofy sticker below.....:thefinger::beer:
haha ^^^ i was gonna say that... horrible horrible place

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
And no one caught the sticker below the dent?

its just a dent man live with it cause it will happen in the exact same place again
lol Mike did.... 2 1/2 hours before you and it was the first thing I saw. I chose to ignore it and leave the fun for somebody else :D

So Sam Clark, your friend get an estimate yet? Rugged Ridge also makes a cover to protect/hide the dent. Not sure if anybody mentioned that before.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
damn im slow and retarded his was the post above mine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts