JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i only have 11,000 miles on my 2 door manual jeep jk and for about 7,000 of those miles i have had a high pitched squeal noise. The noise occurs when the jeep’s clutch is completely engaged and driving, especially when driving slowly.

I have already taken the jeep into the dealership telling them about the problem, the first 2 times i brought it in they said that they heard nothing. The third time they replaced the clutch and it reduced the noise for a little while. The noise then came back even worse so i took the jeep in for a 4th time and they replaced the throw out bearing. Now the noise is back and they say that they hear nothing again and it has been in there 5 times for this issue. What needs to be done to get rid of this noise?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :beer:,

Sherlock

·
Registered
204 Posts
it's the throw-out bearing. mine was quiet for about 8000 miles after they replaced it under the squeal/chirp TSB. according to my dealer, since the clutch is functioning ok (just noisy) they will not replace again under warranty. good luck... AFAIK, there is no aftermarket TOB available.

Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, that is what i figured. I hope there is a solution to get rid of the noise other than turning the music up and wondering why people are looking at me like cause it sounds like i am a referee blowing a whistle as i drive by.

it's the throw-out bearing. mine was quiet for about 8000 miles after they replaced it under the squeal/chirp TSB. according to my dealer, since the clutch is functioning ok (just noisy) they will not replace again under warranty. good luck... AFAIK, there is no aftermarket TOB available.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts