JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

On friday my check engine light came on so i checked my gas cap and looked it up online. People said it will usually go off in like 2 days if it is some minor. Well monday (today) it was off so i went to part source and hey pulled the code. The code was P0138. He never told me what the code was he just said he would clear it, which he did. But 20 minutes later it came back on.

My question is what is the code and can i fix it?

Thanks,

Mudzilla

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot i will check and report back later tonight!

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bank 1 sensor 2 is the sensor further down right? like sensor one would be the one closes to the engine and sensor 2 would be further down?

· Registered
24 Posts
Bank 1 sensor 2 is the sensor further down right? like sensor one would be the one closes to the engine and sensor 2 would be further down?
I thought bank 1 sensors were on the passenger side? I understood that bank 1 is the side where cylinder 1 is located (using the distributor cap to trace #1 to the spark plug location). So, it looks like the rear passenger side sensor is the one misbehaving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.