JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on having my top down most of the summer. Is there a cab cover that works well with the soft top folded down? Just want to have something quick in case it rains.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the bestop cab cover and it works well with the top down but it fits better with the doors off. Also plan on getting a bow of some sort to go over the front seat area to push the cover up otherwise it will collect about 10 gallons of water when it rains

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the bestop cab cover and it works well with the top down but it fits better with the doors off. Also plan on getting a bow of some sort to go over the front seat area to push the cover up otherwise it will collect about 10 gallons of water when it rains
I will never forget the time I saw someone with a trail cover without a bow dump the 10 gallons of water in their jeep when removing the cover!!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
This, and God help you if you get a hole in the thing.

Me looking outside: Boy its raining hard, good thing the cover is on.:)
Me next morning: Nice no water on the cover.:)
Me 5min later: Why is my ass soaked and feet wet?:bawling:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a Bestop brand trail cover. No need for a bow if you have your rig fully Safari Strapped. Been caught in rain & snow, not while driving, but it works very well even if doors are on. The only obstacle is folding in your mirrors to complete install. This was the first install, and I hadn't fully stretched it, so it looks somewhat jacked by the front driver door.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Off road heros has an awesome top.. u can buy the summer top like your looking for or just buy the combo top wich is well worth the money.. I currently saving for the combo top so I can ride around with the cargo are covered and wind jammer in but no top

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking for a cover while it's parked.

I have half doors so that isn't an issue. I was looking at the Bestop but wasn't sure if it would fit over the folded down soft top.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I have and use both.

The light Mopar one is good when its not raining. Keeps dust, dew and the cat out. Stors in a nice little nylon bag that comes with it. But leaks when it rains.

BestTop is very water tight and fits nice even with doors on (on my 2 door) and softtop folded down. But it takes up way more room to store.

The softtop is under there, no problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts