JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Mygig nav unit for my wrangler. It is brand new, never used. Its' for a 09 but i'm going to put it in a 2010. I see on here people talking about a lockpick. What is it and is it something i'm going to need before i install? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still don't really understand. Is it to update the GPS when it needs updating? will it interfere with Sirius radio?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
No think of the name, it basically removes all of the limitations that comes with the my gig. It makes it where a passenger can type in the address of what you are looking for without having to pull over and stop, it also adds auxiliary inputs for 2 different cameras and audio. Think of it as jailbreak is to iPhone and that will sum it up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
anyone know if lockpic will allow the user to edit the metadata tags for music stored on the harddrive?

I just copied a cd onto the HD and it showed up as unknown artist, track1, track2 etc....When I play the CD itself all the tags show correctly. I also find this happens more with the newer CD's than older ones

I was able to edit the album name (playlist name) but thats it...

kinda hard to find songs and artist's when the are all named unkown, or track1...

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
don't think you can edit but if you have the latest version of Gracenotes in the mygig and it has that band, singer, song in it then it should show correctly. You have a choice between LockPic and NavTv. Chrysler disabled a lot of the MyGig functions at the factory. These are blackboxes that enable the disabled. I have the AllGig USB. Updatable USB cable. :beer:

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks rubicajun!

I'll check my version of gracenotes, its probably out of date as I have never updated it. It makes sense then that my newer cd's don't show the titles correctly, but the older ones do.

Do you happen to know the current version of gracenotes, how do I get the update?

thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
just found my own answer...

current gracenote version is: 2057
available at: http://mofv.com/mygig/ (choose gracenotes from side menu)

it seems as if all the instructions are there....

any advice or pitfalls before i attempt this?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
just found my own answer...

current gracenote version is: 2057
available at: http://mofv.com/mygig/ (choose gracenotes from side menu)

it seems as if all the instructions are there....

any advice or pitfalls before i attempt this?
make sure you follow the directions at mofv for downloading. make sure to use a dvd. gracenotes is huge and takes a while to load into your mygig. patience.:D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I understand now. Thanks Sludge Puppy!
:) Glad it helped. lots of info there and others have provided more info to fill in the picture

·
Registered
320 Posts
No think of the name, it basically removes all of the limitations that comes with the my gig. It makes it where a passenger can type in the address of what you are looking for without having to pull over and stop, it also adds auxiliary inputs for 2 different cameras and audio. Think of it as jailbreak is to iPhone and that will sum it up.
Wonderful explanation.

:beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts