JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to stretch the front axle 3" forward.

Here's what I have:
-Barnes track bar bracket (to weld 3" forward on the frame)
-Move the steering box foward 3" and re-drill mounting holes in the frame
-Cut the shock mount off the frame (sand and smooth down old area then paint)
-Cut the spring bucket off the frame (sand and smooth down old area then paint)
-Cut the steering linkage and weld 3" dom tubing-length- and find some dom tubing that matches diamater of steering linkage
-Probably will have to notch the passenger side frame wherever the drag link may contact frame during articulation.
-Custom driveshaft

What am I missing?

How are you guys getting away with 4 link up front because I see abunch of hoses and shit hanging down low from the pentar engine bay

·
Registered
254 Posts
Reactions: J. Dub

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm interested in doing the same up front after a small 2" rear stretch.

What are you doing with the front sway bar?

I would also look at the TMR track bar bracket: JK 1 TON Swap - Frame Track Bar Bracket - FRONT

What about the front body mount? Bye bye front body mounts
The front sway bar is in a landfill somewhere. I took that off after I installed my RC Vertex shocks. The front end is so nice with the vertex shocks. We welded a lower shock bracket outboard about 5 degrees so the shocks are now installed like this / \ but not as dramatically more like 7 degrees outboard on the bottom shock eyelet compared to the top of the shock tower.
It actually soaks up imperfections in the road better without the front sway bar.
I don't drive like a piece of shit so I don't need to take turns and curves in the road fast.

Didn't even think about the front body mount, crap. I suppose we could relocate it or weld something in that is not as thick as current body mount
The TMR bracket looks nice!

·
Registered
81 Posts
post this over on Irate 4x4. you'll get much more response.

Reactions: J. Dub
1 - 5 of 5 Posts