JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a PRO&TOP 12000LBS winch I wanted to install and it doesn't work:(. So what winches do you guys use? I am currently looking to get a winch soon and am looking for some suggestions as well as general curiosity of what you use.
I looked into the Internet and find a nice list. I think that I should probably choose any of this ? (I am thinking about buying a Smittybit 97412 XRC.)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I have a Smittybilt X2O 10k. Others... Warn if you want super quality for a huge pricetag. The Barricade ones from ExtremeTerrain aren’t bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Superwinch Tigershark 11500 with synthetic rope here.
Got it used I used it myself hand full of times never let me down.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Superwinch Tigershark 11500 with synthetic rope here.
Got it used I used it myself hand full of times never let me down.
Superwinch been around for a while. Good too.

·
Read Only
24 Posts
Barricade 9500. Used it twice so far to help others LOL. I got a Barricade bumper from a buddy and it seemed logical to get their winch so it would definitely fit. Works great. Good price too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a PRO&TOP 12000LBS winch I wanted to install and it doesn't work:(. So what winches do you guys use? I am currently looking to get a winch soon and am looking for some suggestions as well as general curiosity of what you use.
I looked into the Internet and find a nice list. I think that I should probably choose any of this ? (I am thinking about buying a Smittybit 97412 XRC.)

View attachment 364340

View attachment 364340
Warren winch or Smitty built are good make sure you get a synthetic rope

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 9500lb Superwinch Tigershark and a Warn 9500cti-s. The Warn blows the Superwinch out of the water but is also 3x the price.

If I was looking right now I would probably get the Harbor Freight Badlands Apex 12000lb synthetic for $600.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would recommend you to get Superwinch 1585202 LP8500 Winch Gen II. It is very easy to install as the solenoid is already placed and wired on the side of the winch. Just had to bolt it to the front bumper and run the wires to the battery.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I have a 9500lb Superwinch Tigershark and a Warn 9500cti-s. The Warn blows the Superwinch out of the water but is also 3x the price.

If I was looking right now I would probably get the Harbor Freight Badlands Apex 12000lb synthetic for $600.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I’ve seen numerous threads about Badlands not lasting but a couple uses.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
I have 2 engo 10000lb with synthetic. If you have the $ go with a warn but there are several options budget wise that will be less. Winches are like generators. You only need them when you really need them and they better work when you need em to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Smittybilt X2O 10k. Others... Warn if you want super quality for a huge pricetag. The Barricade ones from ExtremeTerrain aren’t bad.

I may recommend it too, had no problems with it

·
Registered
2010 Jeep JK
2 Posts
10 Best Winches of 2020👇
Warn 95960 – Best Truck Winch
Smittybilt 97495 – Best Jeep Winch
Super Winch 1595200 – Best Budget Winch
Warn 90360 Winch Kit – Best Off-Road Winch
Warn 26502 – Best Jeep Winch