JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size bump stop spacers are required for 285/75R17 tires and trimmed fenders? I'm thinking I'll probably be able to get away with a spacer very small like 1/2" to get the maximin possible up-travel without rubbing? Shock travel is not an issue because I'll be using 11.5" travel shocks and modifying the upper mounts to get whatever up-travel I need.

I would measure but I want to order wheels, tires and suspension all together immediately after I buy the vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Shocks are going to dictate what bump stop you are going to need. Different mfg will have different compressed and extended even with the same travel. Compare the compressed shock to the factory compressed and that should get you in the ball park. Just guessing I would say you would be looking at 2". Since you are going to move the upper mounts you might as well just wait on bump stop until you can flex out the suspension and see what you actually need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shocks are going to dictate what bump stop you are going to need. Different mfg will have different compressed and extended even with the same travel. Compare the compressed shock to the factory compressed and that should get you in the ball park. Just guessing I would say you would be looking at 2". Since you are going to move the upper mounts you might as well just wait on bump stop until you can flex out the suspension and see what you actually need.
Yeah I'll flex it out with the wheels and tires on to determine how I need to set the bump stops then raise the upper mounts to suit. I was just after a rough idea as to what to expect. I'll be running Bilstein 5160 "3.5-5" lift" shocks up front which are 15.9" compressed (14.9" compressed equivalent if moving upper mount up 1"). Rears will be Bilstein "4" lift" shocks which are 16.1" compressed (15.1" compressed equivalent if moving upper mount up 1"). The compressed height of the shocks won't be an issue. The only thing to determine bump stop height for me will be tire clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts