JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted allready i dident see any thing about it.
but any way when i got my first jeep 10 years ago (95 yj) every jeep i seen waved at me i waved back and i thought it was the coolest thing ever. now i have a new jeep 08 4 door and when i wave every one looks at me like who the hell are you. so has the wave died off or what. well me being a jeep onwer for 10 years i will always wave at the jeeps i see.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I give every Jeep that I see the wave. I get a wave back from almost every TJ, YJ, CJ that I see. But the JK is a different deal. About every 2 door will reply. Every built JK will reply. But very few stock 4 door will reply. Some of them are minivan people I guess. The 4 door (and I dig the 4D) has brought lots of new people into our family. Not all of them know about the 'cult like' Jeep wave. But I keep trying:beer:

·
Registered
990 Posts
My Stock 08 Rubi Unlimited didn't get alot of waves from the older Jeeps. Lift Kit & 35's and now I get the wave quite often!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
My Stock 08 Rubi Unlimited didn't get alot of waves from the older Jeeps. Lift Kit & 35's and now I get the wave quite often!
Yeah, I wave at every built Jeep. Get pretty much 100% wave back from them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted allready i dident see any thing about it.
but any way when i got my first jeep 10 years ago (95 yj) every jeep i seen waved at me i waved back and i thought it was the coolest thing ever. now i have a new jeep 08 4 door and when i wave every one looks at me like who the hell are you. so has the wave died off or what. well me being a jeep onwer for 10 years i will always wave at the jeeps i see.
ditto, got my first jeep a yj 15 years ago, i had my tj for 10 years and i bought my jk late last year :jeep2: i wave at every jeep i see and i get very few waves back :confused: as long as i own a jeep i'll keep waving :wink_animate:

·
Registered
243 Posts
yeah, it sucks... It's about 50/50 here in Jersey anymore... I stopped waving at most Unlimiteds that are not built as most are soccer moms & have no idea why anyone waves... Saddest thing I've seen so far was just the other day, an older woman, probably late 50's early 60's, in her fur coat, stupid bug eye sunglasses & pearls, driving an Unlimited... I think it actually had a sad look in it's headlights when I drove past with my JK covered in mud...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I give every Jeep that I see the wave. I get a wave back from almost every TJ, YJ, CJ that I see. But the JK is a different deal. About every 2 door will reply. Every built JK will reply. But very few stock 4 door will reply. Some of them are minivan people I guess. The 4 door (and I dig the 4D) has brought lots of new people into our family. Not all of them know about the 'cult like' Jeep wave. But I keep trying:beer:
QFT!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My Stock 08 Unlimited didn't get alot of waves from the older Jeeps. Lift Kit & 35's and now I get the wave quite often!

the wave is not dead, just mod your rig and the older jeeps will respect you. :beer:
Seriously, the above mentioned seems to be the case. I didn't get many waves till I lifted, added 35's and threw on other noticable mod's.

One thing I noticed Around here atleast, is that the "soccer mom's" don't wave and neither do the older (retired) people.
Also, like TEXASKEV stated, the stock 4 doors aren't waving much either.:shaking:

Kinda funny thing happened to me a week or so ago. I waved at an older Cherokee that had a bit of a lift and some mod's done to it, as he was making a turn in front of me. The guy looked stunned, did a double take and returned the wave. I guess he thought that maybe I didn't see his return wave, cuz he rolled down his window, stuck his arm out and waved at me again.
:beer::beer:.. here's to that guy!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Around here (central southern Michigan) I get a wave back from about 75-80% of other Jeeps. The biggest offenders of not waving don't seem to be the Unlimited crowd (I actually get a high % waves back regardless of gender) but rather second generation YJ owners that have the Jeep either as a hand me down or bought them used as their first car. Parents and sellers need to explain this stuff!

·
Registered
587 Posts
x2! gotta keep trying

·
Registered
491 Posts
the wave is not dead, just mod your rig and the older jeeps will respect you. :beer:
mine is stock cept for front bumper and i get waves from older jeeps more often than the jk's in my area :)

the wave should be put in the owners manual imo, or a sticker inside the jeep

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
This^^^

Here is a link to the Official Rules of "The Jeep Wave" http://www.jeepboard.com/jeepwave/index.html#rules

It is pretty funny and true.

Here are a few that come up on search... the wave is not dead, just mod your rig and the older jeeps will respect you. :beer:
lolz, yeah "what happened to the search function?" :thefinger:

Seriously, the above mentioned seems to be the case. I didn't get many waves till I lifted, added 35's and threw on other noticable mod's.

One thing I noticed Around here atleast, is that the "soccer mom's" don't wave and neither do the older (retired) people.
Also, like TEXASKEV stated, the stock 4 doors aren't waving much either.:shaking:

Kinda funny thing happened to me a week or so ago. I waved at an older Cherokee that had a bit of a lift and some mod's done to it, as he was making a turn in front of me. The guy looked stunned, did a double take and returned the wave. I guess he thought that maybe I didn't see his return wave, cuz he rolled down his window, stuck his arm out and waved at me again.
:beer::beer:.. here's to that guy!!
That's a great story, really cool!

We're still workin' on 'em:D

Here's my take on it againVVVVV

If you are still stock like us, you do get the intentional cold shoulder from time to time but don't let it bother you. I say just keep waving. I have gotten wave backs from many local TJ, YJ, etc. guys from persistence. And some always waved from day one.

I forget and do it in the Monte Carlo:rasta:, 15% waveback and a lot of strange looks.........
So true, one of the best times we had for cool waves was on a divided highway going to visit family near Huntsville. Freedom panels out waving out the top to every Jeep that passed. 100% wave return for forty plus miles.:bounce:

As far as the 4-door syndrome. A lot (us included) are first time Jeep owners. A lot of them just bought it because it's the next cool SUV. Some of those will eventually get it, some never will and they will just trade it away when the next fad comes along.

Oh and welcome to the JK Club :) ........waves profusely

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I'm the second to chime from Jersey and I always, as does my wife, wave and usually get a wave back, only a few snobby JK's around that haven't gotten it. Most do wave though

1 - 20 of 47 Posts