JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my hood decals to something custom but match the factory look. Does anyone know what the font is for the factory "RUBICON" hood decal?

·
Registered
428 Posts
pm sent!

I looked all over for the font when I changed 'Wrangler Unlimited' on the side to 'JeepThing Unlimited', but couldn't find it. I ended up just creating my own ... a lot more time consuming, but it turned out pretty good.

Moose, if you need something cut out, let me know. My wife has a cutter and the vinyl.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I forwarded the files via email, I still have not recieved my forward yet to my Gmail account. For the record mail.com sucks ass.

Jason

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pm sent!

I looked all over for the font when I changed 'Wrangler Unlimited' on the side to 'JeepThing Unlimited', but couldn't find it. I ended up just creating my own ... a lot more time consuming, but it turned out pretty good.

Moose, if you need something cut out, let me know. My wife has a cutter and the vinyl.
BTT

Sent another round of emails....

Off to work...please be patient!

Jason
Thank you guys!! Will post up pictures when I get them put on.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10-4 on that. Jason sent me an e-mail which I forwarded to my decal guy and he was able to make them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
easier way

pixeldecals.com can hook you up with rubicon font custom hood stickers.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The rubicon lettering jason linked is not accurate.

To make accurate letters, you need to start out with ITC Eras Bold, take the curve out of the straight lines, take the slant out of the letters and stretch the result. Some very curvy letters like Cs and Ss need to be further modified to look right.

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.htm?pid=201455

I started out with a rubbing from my jeep, and figured out what I had to do to get them EXACT and follow that process for making other letters that don't exist in stock.

I have seen a lot of people try to do it, and few take the time to come as close as I feel I have.

By the way, pixeldecals.com is my site and I think after all the mentions it's high time I purchased a vendor star. :innocent:

P.S. If it wasn't such of a PITA to make them exact, I wouldn't have given out my trade secret either. LOL!

·
Registered
490 Posts
By the way - I also have the font used in the wrangler decal figured out, so anyone who wants to do something like the JeepThing version posted above, it's possible.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thanks for the download Jason. :beer:

pixeldzn do you offer discounts for buying a whole set? Your website has the Rubicon stickers listed at $20 each. Any deal on buying two for the hood and two of something for the the quarter panel?

·
Registered
490 Posts
$20 is for a pair of decals.

Anything sold in pairs has a title of Decals plural and is also noted as a pair in the item description.

-- Don

1 - 20 of 60 Posts