JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me they look like a combination of Poison Spyder and TJ Metal Cloak fenders...

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm curious too

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Those are badass! Kinda remind me of metalcloaks for the Tj.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those have to be custom.
Where did you find that picture?
A customer came in the shop today and said he wanted them. All he had was this picture.

After some searching. That's DailyJK's Jeep. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/member.php?u=17415

They are a custom set made my Dok-Tech motorsports. https://www.facebook.com/DokTechMotorsports

You sir are a rock star! Thank you very much!

To bad they are one off, I think they are nice looking!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Did not think of that...but with heim joints on both ends, that doesnt exactly remove the need for a track bar I think
With the set-up, I don't see how the rear axle could move at all laterally, thus really not needing a track bar.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
With the set-up, I don't see how the rear axle could move at all laterally, thus really not needing a track bar.
Heims on both ends. Push the axle laterally and the axle will move laterally until the ball movement of the heim is reached.. and then as Ringer mentioned will stress the heims...

If it used regular urethane style joints on the frame side, then I could see a case for no track bar but even then that design would put alot of stress on the joints.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Heims on both ends. Push the axle laterally and the axle will move laterally until the ball movement of the heim is reached.. and then as Ringer mentioned will stress the heims...
Even if they put a spacer on each side of the heim Ball to keep it centered? Of course even then, its gonna place one hell of a stress on the Heim ball itself.

·
Registered
990 Posts
You sir are a rock star! Thank you very much!

To bad they are one off, I think they are nice looking!
I'd say contact Dok-Tech.
I had never heard of them until I searched for this, but I bet for the right price they'd make a similar set. Just depends how much your customer is willing to pay.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts