JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This is Jarrett with HD Customs LLC here, we are in the designing stages of a front bumper and would like to know what you guys think! What would you like to see built into a front bumper? What features?

Here is what they definitely WILL have:

-Stubby and Full-to-Mid width versions
-winch mount
-factory fog light compatible
-bolt on lower skid plate upgrade

Let us know what YOU think an ultimate JK front bumper should have!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
A winch bumper that you can actually remove the grille to replace headlights without taking the winch out. It may sound strange, but alot of vendors seem to overlook that when making a bumper. The winch sits so close that with the wiring routed to the solenoid box you can't get the griil pulled out.
If your front bumper looks anywhere as good as the rear, you'll have a great product!

·
Registered
138 Posts
An EMP device that would disable the a-hole that just cut me off.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A winch bumper that you can actually remove the grille to replace headlights without taking the winch out. It may sound strange, but alot of vendors seem to overlook that when making a bumper. The winch sits so close that with the wiring routed to the solenoid box you can't get the griil pulled out.
If your front bumper looks anywhere as good as the rear, you'll have a great product!
EXCELLENT POINT! Good Call Joker! Thank you for the compliments on the rear bumper, the front design should compliment the rear perfectly.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Not that I am a Smittybilt fan but I do have the front bumper that I have chopped up. But the reason for the choice was:
1. Integrated winch plate
2. I can remove front grill with winch mounted
3. E-disco motor is protected when flipped without having to add a skid plate
4. Bumper has a skid plate design to it. Good Angles in the front.

Things I would change

1. Being able to mount the winch after the bumper is installed. It is a PITA mounting a winch on a bumper then having to put the bumper on.
2. Making sure the holes line up when mounting the bumper. Sucks trying to put a bumper on by yourself and the holes don't line up!
3. Ability to add more than just one set of lights ie..multiple light tab option.
4. Lightweight. The winch is already heavy!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stinger, winch mount thats all I need hurry up and get one built before I move back home :grinpimp:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Aerial mounting tabs, strong enough to support HF antennae like this -

Provision for mounting rock lights in the ends of the bar

No D-rings on the front surface, pedestrian safety laws are making these illegal over here - so recovery points need to be underslung or recessed in some way

Light mounting points that don't interfere with the operation and servicing of the winch.

Tube work that can be pressurized and used as an air tank

Non-slip upper surfaces so that it can be walked on

Hooks on the back of the hoops so that recovery straps/winch cable can be coiled onto the bar if needed.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
nor sure if it would be possible, but a mount to hold a Viar 2.5 tank INSIDE the bumper would ROCK! On the bottom side of the winch plate maybe??? Alot of us would be happy with that! out of the way and protected.

·
Registered
313 Posts
If the bar work is capable of holding pressure then you will have around 3 gallons of air tank capacity without needing to find space for the tank

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
nor sure if it would be possible, but a mount to hold a Viar 2.5 tank INSIDE the bumper would ROCK! On the bottom side of the winch plate maybe??? Alot of us would be happy with that! out of the way and protected.
I mounted my tank inside the Red Rock Fab bumper, under the winch plate. It worked very well.... until I started hacking my Jeep apart.:)

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
+1 on this!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
+1 on this!
We will look into both options for air tanks, building one into the bumpers and external mounting of an auxiliary tank.

We really like the idea of rock lights built into the bumper.

Light mounting options will be plentiful.

Miraz I'm assuming you're in Australia?

This is good!! Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
to be able to take out any ______ (insert your least favorite vehicle here)
with one good ramming.
rocket launcher?
okay seriously, some cool ideas, Air and compressor, lights good stuff.
options, options, options. stinger, hooks, storage spot (tow ropes etc.)

·
Registered
430 Posts
a receiver for a hitch, along with everything else mentioned here

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Some way of strapping/attaching shovels, axes, jacks, etc. securely so they don't slip around to block the lights and such.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts