• handheld walkie talkie

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • i yell

Votes: 6 13.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I use my Galaxy DX959 CB mostly, but I have been known to yell on occasion. I have been using CB since 1975 and find it a valuable tool for various reasons. But the biggest for jeeping, is in an organized trail party, a CB is required. Plus it beats the heck out of having the dust eater at the back frantically honking his horn trying to get the next jeep to stop long enough to come back and render assistance. (Being that dust eater, I had a cb, some of the rest of the party including the afformentioned next-to-last jeep, did NOT have one. The turkey does now. I gave him one of my old 23 channel Cobra 19's. )

·
14ers
479 Posts
2-way radios. But they suck because if you're too far apart or have obstacles in between... plus they tend to not stay where you put them last. Especially after bouncing over some rocks. I want to get a new CB for my new JK.

It's been 23 years since I had a CB in my '76 F-150. What should I look for these days?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
The Cobra 75WX is a nice little self contained unit and easier to fit in the no extra space JK. You can even find them tweaked or optimized.

Bigger box CB's of course can run cooler and be tweaked even more but really for just a trail communications radio the little 75 fits the bill.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I use a Uniden 510. I made a bracket to attach it to the footman loop at the top of the windshield (no drilling). The radio works great, but doesn't have an external speaker port and the built in speaker sounds bad. I have tuned the antenna well and the radio usually transmits with the best of them on the trails.

·
Registered
323 Posts
CB

I use a cobra mounted in the center console. Firestick out back.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cobra 75 wxst, with the box mounted under the drivers seat. 3' antenna mounted on stock tire carrier. Works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts