JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one thing I miss from my TJ is the two catch all trays - the one on the dash and the other in front of the shifter. Currently I'm using the two cup holders in the back but I'm open for suggestions for something low under the brake handle or on the dash. What are people using to toss in the change, gum wrappers, etc.?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I try pretty hard to not accumulate loose change and trash, but you're absolutely right... the JK is in need of small spaces near the driver seat to store random stuff. So far I have just been using the door pockets. I keep a blue surgical towel in each for quick cleanups and a coin purse on the driver side. Gum wrappers go in either the center console or the cup holders for me. Not many storage solutions out at this point really :rolleyes:. Only advice I have is stick a all the gum wrappers etc. in your pockets when you get out of the car near a trash can.

-Casey

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a dash tray at the local Pep Boys. It is made by Bell and the model number is 30155. The sides were wire mesh. I removed the top molding, cut the sides down so it just fits under the parking brake handle and replaced the top molding. Now it is a catch all for pens and change. Most likely it will be emptied after each trip but at least I have a place to "toss" small stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts