JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought a mopar hood bra and right as i take it out of the package i read a warning that bassiclly said everytime it gets wet or damp i have to take it off and let it dry and than put it back on because it might cause the paint to cloud if i leave it on and let it dry in high temps in the sun....WTTTTTTTTTFFFFF! thats so annoying...does anybody abide by these "hood bra rules" or does it not really make a diffrence and mopar justs wants to make my life a living hell?

·
Registered
398 Posts
so i just bought a mopar hood bra and right as i take it out of the package i read a warning that bassiclly said everytime it gets wet or damp i have to take it off and let it dry and than put it back on because it might cause the paint to cloud if i leave it on and let it dry in high temps in the sun....WTTTTTTTTTFFFFF! thats so annoying...does anybody abide by these "hood bra rules" or does it not really make a diffrence and mopar justs wants to make my life a living hell?
I avoid VEHICLE bras as a rule. They just hold crap underneath them and the rest of your hood fades anyway making it look weird.

Normal bras however.......:thefinger:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I bought a hood bra many years ago for one of my vehicles.It fit nice and tight,very well made....that is until you were going at hwy speeds.It would flutter and ate away at the paint.Moral of the story:never again :smokin:

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you want something to protect the front end from rock chips and bugs, look into the clear bra. It is a 3M material sort of link window tint, except thicker. It adheres to the front end but is not permanent. I had this on my Subaru STi and it worked great. Most tint places can install it. It removes easy. Just park the Jeep in the sun for a bit to warm it up and peel it off. No damage to your paint.

·
Registered
647 Posts
clear bra all the way. We do them here at the delership to every car almost.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
hood bras are BAD. You get a little dust under there, and the dust acts like sand paper rubbing away the clearcoat and paint.

Ironic that most people put the bras on to protect the front end paint, and end up destroying the paint instead.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
hood bras are BAD. You get a little dust under there, and the dust acts like sand paper rubbing away the clearcoat and paint.

Ironic that most people put the bras on to protect the front end paint, and end up destroying the paint instead.
Had bra on a mustang back in the 80s that ruined the paint... the only reason I would buy one is to hide damage...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just return it. They do more damage than they supposedly protect against.

Not to mention they look retarded (<--- My PERSONAL OPINION)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
woahhhhhhh woahhhh woahhhhhhh i didnt mean bra i meant hood cover! like the T-style onces that say jeep

1 - 12 of 12 Posts