JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this kit?

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3.html

Will I need to look into adjusting drive train and what not with this big of a lift? Or is 3.25" kinda like a suggestion in size? Just curious let me have the scoop! Thanks! :smokin:

·
Registered
216 Posts
You will be ok on the drive line for a while but put them on your list. You will need adjustable trackbars or relocation brackets for the front and rear for sure. I would go with a front adjustable trackbar and a Poly Performance or teraflex rear trackbar bracket.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
for the lift it looks like a decent deal. i would probably only use the front spacer though. it would give you a more level ride espescially if you have a winch on the front. the only thing i see missing are bumpstops. if you run 35s wth this lift, you would definitely need them but at that price you could add them and still be cheeper than most other kits. or maybe this kit comes with the and they just dont show them. i would ask. other than that it looks like a great deal. $300 less than teraflex but the teraflex does come with the bumpstops. this would be a great starter kit for sure.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the inout so far, keep it comming!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jayce- I just ordered this kit and it arrived the other day. Since I'm going out of town I won't be able to install it till I get back in a couple weeks. But after looking around I found that it was one hell of a deal (although sometimes you do get what you pay for).

I plan on also adding a body lift (pucks) for some extra height. I would appreciate someone telling me all the other things I'll need to get to make this kit work smoothly with 35s as I am a little confused now...

Someone said all I will need is a steering stabilizer, but now you're saying bump stops and adjustable track bars? Just want to make a list of all the crap I'll need to order in addition so I can install the kit as soon as I get back.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just installed this lift this weekend

And so far, I am VERY happy. I will get pics up tonight in a scrapbook thread.

I will have to reference my notes, but I picked up 4 inches at the front wheel well above the center cap of the wheel, just under 3 inches at the rear wheel well, and right at 3.25 (as advertised) at the front door handle.

The kit was way easier to install than i thought, just make sure you have a good floor jack and tall jack stands. I was raising and lowering the axles A LOT while installing, so it would have been a pain with the stock jack.

My only complaints - it seems that the plating on some of the hardware messed the threads up - no problems, i had some stainless hardware handy.

Also, the instructions glossed over some things that are probably blatantly obvious - like installing the crush sleeves in the shock bushings - that I didn't notice until I had a bag of parts left over.:laughing:

·
Registered
191 Posts
this kits comes with a rear track bar bracket.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think our going to need any major mods to the drive train? I would think 4" at the front wheel would need at least some kind of drivetrain mods. What all was actually in the kit?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't plan on doing more mods. Just from looking at it on the jack stands, everything looked ok. Driving it for about 300 miles, it feels good. I haven't taken it off road yet. I was amazed at how much the axle drooped when on stands. So I think I have plenty of leeway before getting into any trouble.

Check the pdf for the instructions for a complete parts list.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The kit says 3.25" lift. Is it actually 3.25" or is it more like 2.5 - 3" ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
from my understanding, a 2.5" inch lift typically lifts 2 in the back and 3 in the front to level it (for an average of 2.5 - hence the name). This kit also adds .75" spacers to up the average to 3.25". I experienced three at my butt (driver's seat) - no heavy front bumpers or winches on my rig.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent thanks for the info, I think this may end up being my kit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Finally gots pics in the scrapbook

1 - 14 of 14 Posts