JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading in my 07 rubicon to "downgrade" to a new sport. The reason is mainly because i want manual transmission and half doors. (I want a Jeep that feels like a Jeep) Also i got a great deal on the rubicon so they're actually giving me $1500 more for trade than i paid.

But thats not the reason for this post.

I know that when you get the connectivity group you get a USB prot in the center console. I do also know that it works with some ipods. But what im wondering is does it work with anything else? (flash drives? android phones?)

FYI I'm not doing any other radio upgrades.

Just not sure if its worth the extra cash to add the connectivity group. And the dealer knows very very little about this.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Edit:
It appears to be an input device....so you should be able to use a thumb drive for music or an android phone in disk mode etc...

·
Registered
80 Posts
AFAIK, it only works as a way to import music and pictures onto the hard drive of the head unit from a thumb drive. I just usually end up using it to charge my shitty iPhone 3G since I have the iPod interface cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
webhead, I think your talking about the USB port on the front of the touch screen radios. right? my current rubicon has that and it is indeed for uploading music to the hard drive.

What i'm talking about is the port that is added to the center console when you add the connectivity group. You don't need to upgrade to a radio with a hard drive to get this port. (but you do need to upgrade to the sirius radio).

woomdawg, I read something on a forum that people were getting this usb port added by the dealer. (i dont recall details of what year or what radio they had).
It appears it works with ipods, but don't know about thumb drives. Thats what i'm trying to figure out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The USB port in the center console does play flash drives of MP3, WMA, playlists, maybe more types. I have an 8gb in there and don't have the nav head. I'm pretty sure it will play from phones plugged in and it certainly works with ipods and iphones.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I can understand trading an 07 for a 10 or 11; but where the hell did a Rubicon not, "Feel like a Jeep"? the fawking mall? You want something that "Feels Like a Jeep" I'll trade you my 01 TJ for your 10 or 11. :shaking:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris, thanks that's exactly the kind of info i was looking for

Kicker, great post, very helpful..... very very helpful

1 - 8 of 8 Posts